I think UPS is using Obamacare as a scapegoat

munchkinmunchkin Registered Users Posts: 2,909 Curl Connoisseur
I found it funny that UPS is blaming Obamacare as the reason they are dropping healthcare coverage for working spouses who have access to coverage under their own employer. My husband (who has been retired for 7 years) and I (who have been retired for a year and a half) both worked for companies who had this policy for several years. I always had to carry coverage because his company had this policy in the 90's. My company followed suit several years later. Several companies in our small town have this policy.

I think this is something UPS (and some of the other companies following suit) have been considering for some time. Obamacare just gave them an "excuse."
3b/c

Comments

• chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    Any if these companies doing this are totally stonewalling in on purpose. Other States and companies are finding it works if its allowed to be implemented as intended. Mostly everyone is being a jerk. Medicare had same brouhaha for decades. Now look at people.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • violetsviolets Registered Users Posts: 1,689 Curl Neophyte
    I had a company with the same policy in place too. And yes, it was before Obamacare so it does sound fishy. In fact, they use to tell us that the reason they had the policy in place was to save money. It was no secret that everyone wanted to join the plan because the benefits were very generous. It was $10 the generalist doctor copay.

So if they are blaming Obama, I say, no. That policy saves them money so they are doing it because they are a business and that is what businesses do, find any stupid way they can find to make even more money than they already have.
  • asugirlasugirl Sunny AZRegistered Users Posts: 938 Curl Neophyte
    munchkin wrote: »
    I found it funny that UPS is blaming Obamacare as the reason they are dropping healthcare coverage for working spouses who have access to coverage under their own employer. My husband (who has been retired for 7 years) and I (who have been retired for a year and a half) both worked for companies who had this policy for several years. I always had to carry coverage because his company had this policy in the 90's. My company followed suit several years later. Several companies in our small town have this policy.

I think this is something UPS (and some of the other companies following suit) have been considering for some time. Obamacare just gave them an "excuse."

I thought the very same thing when I read about this the other day. Wouldn't be totally surprised if the CEO is a conservative - reminds me of Papa Johns and Chick-fil-a.

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file