CurlTalk

how do u make your hair less curly??

does anyone know how to make your hair less curly and more wavy?? some product or maybe drying tips??
please dont break my argyle heart.x.taryn obsessed with argyle--ispendallmytimethinkingabouti:lets get these teen hearts beating faster faster;we all have our dirty little secrets that no one knows..

Comments

• sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    The process described here is really working for me. Having done it for a little while, it's like having loose curls near the bottom and this soft basically straight look leading up to them. Like here Where it's straight it's not like normal straight, it's not frizzy but it's soft. It's kinda cool because I think you have to have curly hair in order to get there without actual proffesional styling.

Other than that, a good flat iron, but after straightening, wet your hair a bit, apply some leave in conditioner that also has a holding agent and tousle it with your fingers.

HTH. :)
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    coconut oil
    3b-3c CG
  • CricketCricket Posts: 205Registered Users
    I don't know the texture of your hair or curl type, but you could try Graham Web's Making Waves gel. I have fine hair and a soft curl pattern and when I comb this gel through and let it air dry, I get wavy hair with curl on the ends. There is a picture in my fotki winter 06-07 album page 2 last picture. Hope that helps.
  • izzyvetizzyvet Posts: 28Registered Users
    I have 3a hair, but if I were to apply gel and then brush my hair and let it dry I would get mostly waves instead of mostly curls. Only if I scrunch or let dry completely naturally do I get curls. Also if I blow-dry I can get more waves, but it's not a predictable.
    Izzy, started CG in January after being bald for over a year!
    Currently using Devacurl No-Poo, One-C, Angell, Set-it-Free. Weekly Jessicurl WDT. Lemon-aid every other week.
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    To loosen my curls I rake some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Whipped-Cream-p-883.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Whipped-Cream]Curls Whipped Cream[/buylink] into my hair before applying gel. Then, when I apply the gel I put both palms of my hands on the outside of each curl and kind of smooth them in a downward motion. It's almost like placing two irons on each side of the curl and ironing it down without pressing too hard so you don't interrupt the curl.
    I hope I am explaining this OK, I don't quite know how to describe it, sorry. :cry:

I just learned this technique from Kiyoko at Devachan Salon in Manhattan.
    It really does work!
    HTH!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!