Crazy Food Combos

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian CanadaRegistered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
The CNE is going on this week in Toronto and they always have insane food combinations. People have been getting sick from a Cronut stand. This part of the article made me laugh though...
One said his wife became sick after eating the cronut burger, as well as seafood chowder fries, ice cream waffles and a smoothie. He, however, did not fall ill after eating a cronut burger.

Another man told CBC he felt ill after eating a cronut burger and a slate of other high-fat snacks that included a Canuck burger, sweet potato fries, poutine and a Philly cheesesteak.

Ya think :lol:

CNE illness complaints now at 34, health officials say - Toronto - CBC News

Have you tried and of those crazy things?
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    We don't have cronuts here.

I had a brownie made w/ red hot chilli pepper today from here.

They say fried stuff from food stands is perfectly healthy to eat but cold or nonrefrigerated stuff might not be. I always feel some kinda way about it and just avoid it.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Ground chipolte and red pepper in chocolate sounds good to me.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^Lotsa, have you seen the movie "Chocolat"? You'll enjoy it and one of the wonderful chocolate drinks uses almost your exact recipe!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Scottsdale, AZRegistered Users Posts: 9,777 Curl Virtuoso
    Haven't seen the movie, but will check it out. I love food with a bit of heat to it. I put dark cocoa in my chili. Thx.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    I had no idea what a cronut was. I had to look it up. Um, no!

So people were eating a bunch of crazy foods, riding rides, and getting sick. Yeah, that's never happened before.

We made deep fried oreos the other day. So yummy!!!!
    I know Scrills. It would be like me eating a hot dog and going on a roller coaster, getting sick and blaming the hot dog. People really amaze me at times and not in a good way.

There is such a contrast on people trying to eat healthier...look at the Paleo diet for example....and people frying everything from oreos to twinkies. You would think with the obesity rate and health problems today that people would be turning their noses up at these unhealthy concoctions, but they flock to it. There is a location near me that has had so many different restaurants that have failed. The one that is booming is a donut shop. There is a long line each morning.
    From Michael Berg:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file