Protein-free hair gel?

Manda92Manda92 Registered Users Posts: 62
My hair is all of a sudden super dry. Worse than when I was straightening it. I'm fairly sure it's because I've been using products with protein and didn't realize it. I've figured out what to get except for gel. I thought I might try kccc, but from what I read you need a hard hold gel over it. I was going to try to find brhg but I just saw that it has protein. I have tried to herbel essence protein free gel and it literally does nothing for me, so I do need something with a harder hold. Any suggestions?

Comments

• JessMessJessMess Registered Users Posts: 151
    LA Looks Nutra-Curl. :thumright:
    Jessica
    Type 2c: coarse, high-density, low porosity (so it would seem)
    Avoiding protein and glycerin; going for soft, non-crunchy, frizz-free waves
    CO & RO: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
    Sealer: Olive oil
    Leave-in/Styler: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    DT: olive oil and honey
  • Manda92Manda92 Registered Users Posts: 62
    Awesome! Thanks. I will have to try it next time I wash because I just put a conditioner and olive oil in my hair to try to fix some of this dryness. I ended up getting the Aussie one to try today, but I will definitely try the la looks one because I like the hold of the sports gel just not the dryness.
  • CurlyManda17CurlyManda17 Registered Users Posts: 14
    Now I might be wrong bc I'm new to this whole CG method but I heard on another thread that the garnier fructis pure clean gel is protein free. Im not sure if this is true bc I read that there is glycerin in it (is that a protein?). But it works great! It holds your curls but keeps them soft if you scrunch them when the curls have dried.

Btw, nice username. ;-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file