CurlTalk

Bio Softening - ?

rswrsw Posts: 67Registered Users
Has anyone (you or someone you know) done a bio-softening treatment? I had a consultation appointment at Christo Salon and I'm considering it. But curious to know results on others and if it was damaging to hair.
(I have 3b-c hair long very think curly hair, and six months into a haircut that i don't like, and looking to manage it a bit better. I have never done any straightening, etc since I was in 6th grade and I'm now almost 50).

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't know. That sounds like a schmoozy name for chemical straightening. To make you feel better about that.
  • rswrsw Posts: 67Registered Users
    It's supposed to "soften" hair, take some of the curl out a bit, but not straighten. I think they use a very mild relaxer for a short amount of time -- but looking for advice and to see if anyone has done this.
  • BosslaydeeBosslaydee Posts: 28Registered Users
    rsw wrote: »
    It's supposed to "soften" hair, take some of the curl out a bit, but not straighten. I think they use a very mild relaxer for a short amount of time -- but looking for advice and to see if anyone has done this.
    that sounds like a texturizer to me.
    :toothy4:4a/3c mix.:toothy4:

BC: 09/28/12 :occasion9:
    growing everyday.

one step at a time.. :sleepy3:
    SL / APL / BSL / MBL / WL

• multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    It is a texturizer or a mild relaxer or mild chemical straightener. If you take care of your hair, uou should get good results. I would assume less frizz and slightly looser curls. I would discuss with the hairstylist what your expected results are and see if these are realistic.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed