CurlTalk

I decided it was time for a change.....

So I gave myself bangs!! :twisted: I just felt like it was time for something different but I'm not brave enough to give up my length yet, so I decided I could 'try' bangs again. I'll try to take pics later with my 2.5 mpx cam-phone (meaning don't expect great quality pics :p), so I don't have any to show now but I will later! I haven't decided what I think yet, but I want you guys to be completely honest and let me know how you like it, even if you liked it better before. I'll probably grow them out again but I just thought it would be a nice change and it is just hair, so it will grow! :wink:

The only thing I don't like is when I'm running and even though I put them back in a barrette, some of them keep flopping down into my sweaty forehead.
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif

Comments

• PheebiePheebie Posts: 177Registered Users
    Can't wait to see how your experiment turned out.

By the way - just looked at your pics for the first time - your hair is gorgeous! Is the 1st one (winter) your natural color? Just wondering.
    Hair Type: 3A/3B; natural color; mid-back length.
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus (2 - 3 times/week)
    Fave Rinse-Out Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration; Yes to Blueberries; GVP Conditioning Balm;
    Styling Routine: Squish-scrunch product /conditioner into soaking wet, upside down hair; plop for 10 minutes, air dry. (Diffuser dry front section.)
    Fave Styling Products: KCKT; Tigi Curl Amplifier Creme; Batia & Aleeza gel; Giovanni Sunset Styler; LA Looks Sport Gel.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Ok, I had to check which pics those were just to be sure I knew which ones you were referring to. :lol: But no, my hair is not that light as it appears in those pics because I took those with my phone-cam and it made my hair look soooo much lighter than it really is! :?
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    My bangs are growing out and I miss the look of them already. I don't miss them on my forehead though! Tough sitch, look better with them, but irritated with them hmm

I bet yours are cute! Are they middle bangs or side swept?
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    Side-swept. I look dorky if I push them straight down, and I can make them blend into the rest of my hair easily or push them back with a barrette. :D
    oooooh yay I bet they look good! Side swept is my fav kind
    2c/3a?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

I kind of have to make them smooth though because otherwise they get this really stupid single curl to them, and it just doesn't look right. Almost like a cowlick.
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    Ooh, I can't wait to see pics!!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
    Oh the pressure!! Not sure I can live up to it! :shock: :wink: :lol:
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    lushaholic wrote:
    Oh the pressure!! Not sure I can live up to it! :shock: :wink: :lol:

I am pretty sure it looks really nice on you. Can't wait to see the pics.
    I love bangs but my hair is way too curly for that!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
    Thanks ladyd! :)

Ok, so I added a few pics. I will definitely be growing them out because I don't really like them. I don't hate them, but I feel like they make my face look chubbier than it already is. :?

btw, they dry curly, but they look like cowlicks, which is why I kind of smooth them out.
    I like them! They make your hair look like it has more volume on the top! I think they just make your face look shorter via the forehead region.
    I love those back and side hair shots your hair has gotten so long since I've been watching your hair pics several years ago! And they're so spirally now!
    2c/3a?

• tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    Lushaholic,
    Your curls are soooooooooooo pretty! You have the exact hair I want!!!!!!!!!

BTW--the bangs look awesome. Very stylish! I know what you mean by wanting a change--unfortunately, my hair is too curly and if I tried to wear bangs they would probably stick straight out like Roseanne Rosannadanna!!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • Ab-starAb-star Posts: 1,128Registered Users
    Yay pics! Honestly...I like them. I don't think they make your face look chubby at all. (How funny I always think my face looks too thin :roll: ) To me it looks like the bangs give you a new, interesting look. I hope you enjoy them while they last!

:D
    MY HAIR ALBUM
    pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
    You guys are so sweet, you just made my night!! :oops: :D I will probably like them a little bit better when they get a tiny bit longer. But ab-star, like you said it makes my face look 'shorter' which for me was 'chubbier'. :lol: Anyway, thanks for the big moral support you guys!! I love you all *mwuuaah* :wink:

And tooj, we can trade hair any day lady! 8)

Sorry the lighting on my phone-cam is so off, I never know if my hair is going to look white or orange. :lol:
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    lush -- your bangs look great! You did an awesome job on them. Your face does not look fat!! You are gorgeous girl :)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    She is gorgeous, isn't she? You go, girl! Great cut! :D
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
    Awwwww, thanks girls!!!! You're the best!! :mrgreen:
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I like them a lot too lush! I don't always love straight bangs with curly hair (no offense to anyone who has that, just not my personal preference) but I think you pull it off quite well. I can see what you mean that you'll love them even more when they're a tiny bit longer.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • candicandi Posts: 19Registered Users
    I think they look fabulous!! I have bangs too but I can never get mine to look as good as yours. I'm jealous. I say definitely keep them.
    ----Candi 2c/3a incoherent, dry, coarse, and frizzy
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I like the bangs! I could never pull off straightish bangs.

I don't see the chubby thing, but I guess like others said you might see it as shorter=chubby.

I like the sidesweep to them. It's sexy!
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • noellenoelle Posts: 377Registered Users
    You did a terrific job cutting bangs! I think they bring out your eyes and accent your cheekbones (which are NOT chubby!). Your face shape is very pretty, and the bangs show it off more. :)

I wish you could have done my daughter's bangs last week. They came out extremely short.
    2C top/3A&B underneath. Activate Hydrating Conditioner, Jessicurl products.
  • LadydncingLadydncing Posts: 964Registered Users
    I really like them! 8)
    I think they make you look younger!
    Maya
    3b/c CG routine
    HG line DevaCurl
    Password: Locks

event.png
    Thanks so much my curly friends! :D Well, I wanted a change, and that's what I got. :wink:

Btw Pixie, you need to post over here more often. :wink:
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    Hey, Lush...
    I think this is the first time I looked at your album...so pretty! The bangs are really nice (and your hair is so long and beautiful). I'm growing mine out because they drive me bananas. I never straighten anything anymore, but maybe I should try. Bangs-no bangs---it doesn't look like you can go wrong :)
  • CurlyGina2CurlyGina2 Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    I love them :D
  • sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users
    I think they are very pretty and do nothing but accentuate your gorgeous hair. I really don't see that they make your face look fat and that is the honest truth. I'm not a huge fan of bangs (because I can't pull them off) but I love yours!
    316vq4y.jpg
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    They look great! (I have serious hair envy towards your curls, btw. :) ) I'm impressed that you cut them yourself, I love them smoothed down and swept to the side like that, and they certainly don't make your face look fat! If anything, I'll agree that they accentuate your cheekbones - which is a good thing!

I have "I need a change" days - but I have such fear about changing my hairstyle. I haven't had bangs in 13 years, when my hair was straight (and I was a teenager :lol: ). Plus, I tend to have cowlicks in the front, so I can only imagine what they would do to bangs. I cut my hair short about 7 years ago and the growing out was so painful that I swore I'd never do it again . . . and so, hear I stay, with the same old hair. (Well, I guess that's not entirely true since the curls still feel relatively new. :D )

Anyways - you have gorgeous hair (well, and are just simply gorgeous!) - so, I would say bangs or no bangs work lovely for you.
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    lushaholic wrote:
    Btw Pixie, you need to post over here more often. :wink:

I will try! Work's been busy so I haven't been logging in as much, but I do swing by to read every couple days. Of course I'm always interested to read what's working for you because we've had similar luck in the past :)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I really like them Lush! I've been toying with the idea of side-swept bangs, but I'm too chicken to cut them myself. :oops: I might have to ask my hair stylists now next time I go.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    Very pretty!!! :D
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05