What is your "infant" up to ?

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Didn't want to guano the other thread... so I thought I would start one for those of us who still have little ones!!!!

Liam is now 6 1/2 months I can't believe how time has flown by!!

He is almost sitting up without help from me.. A little bit more everyday now we are at almost a minute without falling over!!

Hands stuff from left to right and back again...

Loves to AHHHHHHH and OHHHHHH for a long time!!

Not a real laugher but when something really makes him laugh he goes NUTS!!

His hair is taking forever to grow!!!

No crawling yet.. I can't wait for that!!

~d

PS: When did your kid reach for you to pick him/her up ??
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, my little guy got "tummy time" for the first time today because his umbilical line is out. He slept so deeply during our visit we didn't have the heart to wake him up. He was also getting his chest tube removed today, so tonight they will dress him in a sleeper outfit for the first time. He's been naked ( cept for the diaper) for almost two weeks now, we're hoping he's okay with clothes and didn't get used to the being naked thing! :wink:
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awww...Spider. I'm so happy for you.

Chas is 6 months !!! Deedles, where does the time go? He has two bottom teeth and is still drooling. He is giggling and laughing quite a bit. I love tickling him under his chin.

He grabs at anything and is very quick at it. He's eating Peas for the first time which he likes. He's starting to sit up....he laughs when I prop him up ... as if to say look at me!!!

He has also learned to put his lips together and make the phfffttt sounds...kind of like spitting. It's great when he does this with a mouth full of peas!! :lol:

As for hair, it is coming in. We think it's going to be dishwater blond. He has 4 long hairs on the top of his head which we call the original. I won't cut them but daddy is threatening. :D
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awww...Spider. I'm so happy for you.

Chas is 6 months !!! Deedles, where does the time go? He has two bottom teeth

He has also learned to put his lips together and make the phfffttt sounds...kind of like spitting.

AWWW Spider that's awesome news!!!

Chas - 2 teeth already ?? WOW!! no teeth for Liam but that doesn't stop him from eating every 1st food available!!

He also does that spitting sound too!!!
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    Spider - that is great news. If your guy is anything like mine - he'll love being naked and being clothed, but not the un/dressing part in between.

Evan is going to be 6 months on March 2 and he does the following:

Roll from back to tummy
    Roll from tummy to back - but not often
    Laughs a lot
    likes to touch everything
    Has a ridiculous amount of black curly hair - the back part is past the nape of his neck
    splashes when he's in the bath or at swimming lessons
    sucks his feet - and my friend's baby's feet (with shoes on)
    is a little daredevil - loves to be thrown in the air, loves to be startled.

AND

I just felt the beginnings of his first tooth yesterday.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • deezee02deezee02 Posts: 1,509Registered Users
    Spider that is GREAT!!!!! I tip i have to is bring sleepers that button up the front, MUCH easier to use with the hospital wires and such!!!!! we also had S wear the little kimono tops or gerber tee shirts with a pair of knit pants. How is he eating now??

Steven is doing GREAT, he will be 5 months a week from today!!!!

he is eating well

He grabs at everything

he swats

he bounces, on your legs, in the jump-a-roo, everywhere

he tried to sit (although i think this will take a hit b/c of his surgery)

he almost rolls over, it is hard to get him to do tummy time b/c of his chest.

Best part is is just had his third open heart surgery wednesday and is coming home tommorrow!!!!!!
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    WOO HOO!!! Got Liam a Bumbo Seat!!!!

HPIM0585.jpg

He doesn't know what to make of it yet.. but enjoys sitting up!!!!

~d
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    Wow, all the babies are growing up so fast!

Lucy will be 9 months next week, I can't believe it.

She sits up really well now, she's not crawling yet, but she can roll across the room so I always have to keep my eye on her.

She started saying da-da and ba-ba and sometimes meh-meh. She's just making sounds, I don't think they mean anything yet, but it's really cute.

Oh she also screams in this high pitch voice when I sing certain songs. I think it's either her way of 'singing' too, or she's trying to tell me to shut up :lol: .

I tried to give her some little puffs, but she didn't know what to do with them. It was very funny. I think finger foods will take a little while.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    I totally want a Bumbo for Evan. I put him in a Bumbo at my friend's place. The first time, he started to cry after 5 minute - the next time, he loved it!!!
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • Jenny CJenny C Posts: 1,195Registered Users
    I have to say that the bumbo is the best thing ever!

First of all it's great because it's so easy - no straps, buckles or harnesses. You just plop the baby in and pick him/her right up. Also it's great because it's so portable. You can easily take it from room to room or to someone elses house.

I sit Lucy in it every night while I cook dinner. She just sits there and watches me. Then when we're about to eat, we put her in the middle of the dining room table as our centerpiece so we can have dinner as a family. It's really cute.
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    deedles wrote:

Chas - 2 teeth already ?? WOW!! no teeth for Liam but that doesn't stop him from eating every 1st food available!!

I know, I know. The doctor was surprised too. Chas is on to carrotts now. I keep waiting for him to make a funny face at something but so far...nothing. He ate almost a whole jar last night plus 3 tbsp of cereal. He was starving.

Did you start Liam on 2nd stage food Deedles???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file