Help: Hair rejecting relaxers - Why?

pipedreamerpipedreamer Registered Users Posts: 1
've been getting relaxers since I was a small child. My mother akways applies them for me and I have never had any serious problems with them.

But for the past 2 years (I'm 24), they've stopped working. I still use regular strength relaxers,but I've changed brands and they still do not take. Before my roots would get pretty straight; now my roots remain fuzzy and frizzy even when my hair is wet and soaked with conditioner. I've got about 3-4 inches of fuzzy roots (I cannot tell if its new growth or hair that failed to relax).

Why is my hair rejecting relaxers now?

Comments

• JohariJohari Registered Users Posts: 673
    Maybe the brand change does a difference.

Sent from my C5155 using CurlTalk App
  • KrullenbolKrullenbol Registered Users Posts: 114
    Well...relaxers damage your hair in the long run. Your hair was bound to give up one day, it's just "tired". Especially since you started from a young age, your hair probably can't handle it anymore. You need to regain the health otherwise it's going to break
  • laca1982laca1982 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 14 Curl Novice
    Well said. I experienced the same thing.
  • lorr1e1lorr1e1 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    probably that brand you switch to is not the right one, go back to the one that did work for you.
  • KINGsdaughterKINGsdaughter Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    It's a sign from GOD. Let it be, your hair is beautiful in its natural state. The 'Natural Hair Hair Growth eGuide Calendar' 2021 can really help you! Not only does it have TONS of Natural Hair Care Tips, it has 100 Hair Growth Tips, and it plans out a monthly hair routine so you can stay on track and get Longer, Thicker, Healthier, Stronger, Shinier, Natural Hair Faster!! You can write your hair goals, length checks, takes notes, and answer the hair questions too. It's fun! Here's the link... https://www.naturalhairhairgrowth.com/shop
  • KarmaJesKarmaJes Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    There are a few factors you could consider and that is diet and medications. As we get older and we take on certain medications or health conditions can affect the structure of your hair making it more resistant. Relaxer closer together like within a 6-8 week span of time and leave the relaxer on for a shorter period of time when processing and that will more likely solve your problem.
  • KarmaJesKarmaJes Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    There are also different types of hair relaxers (https://hairspies.com/types-of-hair-relaxers/), so make sure to read about all of them and compare with what you used.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file