CurlTalk

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner Who Knew?

Ok, after trying One C, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]Too Shea[/buylink], Activate, Mop Top, and most recently
Elucence I now seem to be having really good hair days with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner which I purchased for $1.59. It seems that for my fine hair which I have a lot of the other conditioners were to heavy and moisturizing. I now put a quarter size of Suave in my short hair and rinse and then smooth a nickel size of Angell on scrunch and diffuse. So much easier. I am almost tempted to try CG again but this time with a much less moisturizing conditioner like Suave. Curious to know what other fine hair people are doing. If I decide to continue the shampooing do you think using elucence shampoo and conditioner once a week and then just using Suave for the other days would be a good plan or does anybody have other shampoos that might work out better for fine hair. Does Suave actually make any good shampoos? I am including a picture if anyone can chime in on my hair type. Thanks.

[http://public.fotki.com/raw60/using-suave/photo46.html][/url]

Comments

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Looks great, raw!! Good job!

I have fine hair too, but my problem is that most conditioners aren't moisturizing enough. My favorites, and the ones I get the best hair days with, are the heavier, thicker and more moisturizing ones. But I'm also very tangle-prone and those seem to be the only ones that help me detangle because of the slip.

I don't know of any Suave shampoos that are CG because of the sulfates, but you might want to give the Activate shampoo a try because it's supposed to be quite gentle but still cleansing.
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • PheebiePheebie Posts: 177Registered Users
    raw60 - you're got great curl formation.

I have fine hair too, and I like using Suave coconut cond. in the summer because of the "summery" tropical scent and also because, for me, it's a little heavier than some of the other conditioners I normally use. I live in a super-humid climate, so from May-September, I like to use conditioners that have a bit more heft to help keep the frizz factor down.
    Hair Type: 3A/3B; natural color; mid-back length.
    Shampoo: Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus (2 - 3 times/week)
    Fave Rinse-Out Conditioners: HE Hello Hydration; Yes to Blueberries; GVP Conditioning Balm;
    Styling Routine: Squish-scrunch product /conditioner into soaking wet, upside down hair; plop for 10 minutes, air dry. (Diffuser dry front section.)
    Fave Styling Products: KCKT; Tigi Curl Amplifier Creme; Batia & Aleeza gel; Giovanni Sunset Styler; LA Looks Sport Gel.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,251Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Your hair looks great!
    Suave coconut is my favorite (I'm CG so I use it to wash my hair and for conditioning), with VO5 Kiwi/Lime and Raspberry being my next favorite ones.
    Sorry, can't help you with the shampoo question since I don't use any.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    bumping this for raw. :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users
    I bought a bottle of Suave coconut conditioner a few weeks ago and keep forgetting about it. I can't wait to use it now! I was skeptical since I usually use V05 and prefer it to Suave products 10 to 1. I read the raves on here though and it was on sale for 69 cents, so I had to buy it. I'll post back on how I like it.
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson