Transitioning...HELP!!

npellerinnpellerin Posts: 1Registered Users
I have been transitioning for the past 4 months and have already cut off most of my permed ends because the spot where the perm made my hair fall out was growing rapidly from the meds that my dermatologist gave me so it was like a little afro :oops: and I could no longer cover it with my permed hair...anywho...I am going crazy tring to find moisturizing products or better yet any products! I have 3c/4a naturally red hair :D and because it is such a bright, natural color it looks very noticeable when it is dry. I have read one million product reviews and every web site says to try everything to see what works but I am a college student that does not have a large disposable income so I don't want to try EVERY natural hair care product on the market. So let me know what works even if it is expensive (I'm sure my dad will make a generous donation :wink: ) and let me know why you like it!
Natural Redhead

Hello!

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Red hair huh? Wow your hair sounds so perdy!
    Try using a good conditioner. I use Infusion conditioner and then spray Infusion leave-in treatment. That should be about $10.00 for both products. You can always go to a salon and buy the expensive stuff like Biosilk. It might cost you $15 for a bottle of conditioner but it would be worth it.

My hair is dry too and I use an African American product called Super Gro and you can buy that at Walgreen's. Its usually $3-$4 depending which Walgreen's I buy it at.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• Mixed ChicaMixed Chica Posts: 150Registered Users
    Does that help your hair grow faster? Have you tried profectiv's hair products? :) 8)
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Get the book Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey
    3b-3c CG
  • Mixed ChicaMixed Chica Posts: 150Registered Users
    I've had a terrible week and now a terrible morning because I'm in my senior year of high school and I still take the bus to school and and the girls that were sitting a couple of seats behind me were talking about my hair, saying I need a perm I just feel so stupid that I'm growing my relaxer out I thought my hair looked ok, it just hurt my feelings I wish that I knew how to take care of my natural hair.......if there is anyone out there could you please help me with my hair delimma, because I don't know what products to use and how to take care of my natural hair anyone please help me :) :( :?
  • GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    I know it's hard...but just ignore them. If they do get relaxers regularly, they will begin to notice damage and breakage because of the chemicals. The only thing I can think to tell you is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! You're growing out damage so your hair is probably dry. Be real gentle with it and condition a lot. There are a lot of natural conditioners like coconut oild and milk or almond oil, honey is great and I use grapeseed oil.

Hang in there...I know people are mean! :wink:

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.
  • libranessentialibranessentia Posts: 84Registered Users
    I know exactly how you feel mya321. I get that not from other people or strangers...but from my mom. She always looks at me in disgust and asks what's wrong with my hair...You hear me? What's WRONG with my hair. That happened this morning when i had to drop off something for her at her job. She had her nose all turned up at me and eyes bucked like my hair was the ugliest thing she had ever seen in her life. I just ignored her, gave her what she wanted, turned my back and walked away back to the car. When she tried to call me seconds later..to obviously throw more insult on me, i didn't pick up the phone. I was hurt, but I can't do anything about it, so I just deal with it. Your hair is going to be beautiful because it's healthy, not manipulated and altered by chemicals. Those who get their regular monthly fix won't understand that until their hair starts falling and breaking off. Keep doing what you're doing. Moisturize and nurture your hair. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks about you or your hair. God made you the way you are. Others may not appreciate it, but in his eyes you are gorgeous, and that's the only thing that matters. [/u]
    4a, OS Cottony, Spirals and Waves randomly scattered over my head
    Check me out!! I have a fotki!!

Due to a serious hiatus and complete laziness (lol), my fotki albums are all locked. When im up to updating I'll have them opened for you all to view. Until then...no peeking :) Thanks!
    http://public.fotki.com/libranessentia/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file