CurlTalk

Low Porosity

bria9339bria9339 Posts: 2Registered Users
What are the list of some conditioners that have proteins and those that don't. I currently have the Shea Moisture Reconstructive Conditioner, Curls Conditioner, 50/50 Giovanni, VO5 Moisture Milks(Strawberries and Cream, Passion fruit), Sauve Naturals Coconut Conditioner and the Waterfall Mist, and Aussie Moist conditioner. I need help distinguishing which one is protein and protein free. I also want to know when you are in the TWA stage how often did you cowash on a weekly basis and what conditioners you used to contain the frizz. I live in Florida so its humid here all the time so I don't know if the frizz is because of it. What other products would you suggest for low porosity (oils, moisturizers, shampoos, conditioners, gels, etc...) Thanks!!!

Also, how can you tell if your protein sensitive? I feel like my hair is poofy, yet moisturized in a way. However, in the morning its dry and matted down. So I can't tell if I'm protein sensitive or not?

Comments

• JessMessJessMess Posts: 151Registered Users
    Hey Bria, I think you should post this question on the protein-sensitive forum instead--you might get more replies there. I am told that not all lo-po peeps are protein-sensitive.

In the meantime, here is a hugely helpful thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/143866-protein-glycerin-free-product-list.html

But formulas change, so it's a good idea to check ingredients on the bottle anyway. Look for things that say "protein," "amino acids," or "hydrolized."

HTH!
    Jessica
    Type 2c: coarse, high-density, low porosity (so it would seem)
    Avoiding protein and glycerin; going for soft, non-crunchy, frizz-free waves
    CO & RO: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
    Sealer: Olive oil
    Leave-in/Styler: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    DT: olive oil and honey
  • bria9339bria9339 Posts: 2Registered Users
    JessMess wrote: »
    Hey Bria, I think you should post this question on the protein-sensitive forum instead--you might get more replies there. I am told that not all lo-po peeps are protein-sensitive.

In the meantime, here is a hugely helpful thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/143866-protein-glycerin-free-product-list.html

But formulas change, so it's a good idea to check ingredients on the bottle anyway. Look for things that say "protein," "amino acids," or "hydrolized."

HTH!

Okay I'll look t that thread. Thank you so much for the information.