Can anybody help me?PLEASE REPLY!!!

Afrolicious!Afrolicious! Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi everyone! I have 6 inch 3c/3b hair(alot of it) and would like to wear my hair straight sometimes, but because of all the volume it turns out straight, but still very big because I have so much hair. So i end up with a big straight triangle an my head. And also, when I wake up, my hair is a huge ugly thing like my normal hair(which i enjoy) but with no curl definition or life whatsoever. Can anybody give me advice as to how to achieve a sleek style and keep it that way?

p.s conditioned then blowdried my hair into a poof, then had it straightened with true ceramic pro one time and chi another time(using heat protectant both times). Is their something wrong with my routine? Is their any special product for people like me? Am I hopeless? PLEASE TELL ME!! :(:(

Comments

• GGCurlGGCurl Posts: 13Registered Users
    Dear Afrolicious,

The key (I believe) to keeping your hair straight is how you blow dry and the products you use. Prior to blowdrying my hair, I apply Redken Align 12 ultra-stright balm on towel dryed hair. Next, I blowdry my hair with a dryer that has a "pic" attachment. Lastly, I flatiron using the new FHI platform iron which is incredible! My hair ALWAYS comes out fabulous and remains straight until I wash it. Hope this helps!

gg :D
  • Afrolicious!Afrolicious! Posts: 2Registered Users
    thank you so much! I will definately look into these products :D
  • CuteCoilsCuteCoils Posts: 118Registered Users
    Hey there!

Most people would love to have the body your hair has when straight! :wink:

But, I think that if you air dry instead of blowdrying prior to flatironing you will have less poofiness.

So, just do everything the same and allow your hair to airdry in sections overnight and then flatiron straight.
    Products and Books That Changed My Life!:

1. Goddess Hair & Skin Recipe Book
    by Jane Johnson (amazon.com)

2. Honey+Conditioner=The BestDang DT, Ever!

3. Aubrey Organics Rosa Mosqueta 'Poo&Cond.
    4. Hair Milk
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    Use oil. It works.
    3b-3c CG
  • MunchyMunchy Posts: 5,206Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have long 3b/c hair. I co-wash my hair with pantene for curly hair. Then, rinse with diluted ACV.
    Then, I add more pantene conditioner and brush my hair back into a ponytail, then braid it. I rebraid the next day (since it's still damp), add a little more conditioner, and I wait yet another day to straighten.
    I use a flat iron and go from the back to the front using a metal roundbrush. It takes me about 30 mins. I then follow up with a silicone leave in (citreshine).
    I brush through it with the wide toothed metal roundbrush, then put it back in a low bun. This takes some volume out. Then, before I go out, I section out and straighten again with my flat iron which takes about 10 mins.

• GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Posts: 1,537Registered Users
    Hi everyone! I have 6 inch 3c/3b hair(alot of it) and would like to wear my hair straight sometimes, but because of all the volume it turns out straight, but still very big because I have so much hair. So i end up with a big straight triangle an my head. quote]

When I used to straighten I had this. I have alot of hair too so when I would blow dry first it would just be this huge thing! It was so dry and had no shine at all. I would do this at night and then tie it back in a scrunchie and spritz with a little water before I went to bed. When I woke up my hair had finally calmed down from the blowfrying and it had a little wave in it cause of the scrunchie. It worked great for me.

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file