CurlTalk

LAZY CURLY VET NEEDS HELP (FSG related)....

rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
with FSG/OkraG.

Was a customer of BB.... need product bad and I hear she's shut down. I am waaaaaaay to busy (2 jobs) to make my own. Who else makes/sells? I was directed to a Facebook page (Curly Elixirs, I think), but havent gotten a response from her.

#desparateinNJ
:wav:
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album

Comments

• CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users
    I think she said she wouldn't be answering messages for a day or so.
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
  • turquoisecurlsturquoisecurls Posts: 134Registered Users
    I have been using no cook fsg, I just soak the seeds overnight in the fridge ( in an old mesh coffee filter ) , I take the seeds out fill the gel it in a jar and keep it in the fridge. Mine last for 6 days. It works no different for me then the cooked version.
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
    Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
    LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
    Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
    My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know a gal who just opened a business. Trying to find her link for you.
    Ok on Facebook it's Sweet Curls Elixirs. Everyone in WHC has been loving her stuff.
    chupie wrote: »
    Ok on Facebook it's Sweet Curls Elixirs. Everyone in WHC has been loving her stuff.

Chupie, I think that's who she's talking about (" I was directed to a Facebook page (Curly Elixirs, I think), but havent gotten a response from her").

rudeechick - she's just getting her business started and everyone who's tried it has loved it.
    Current favorites:
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin

Oh. I thought she meant Botticelli.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    CurlyGrey3 wrote: »
    I think she said she wouldn't be answering messages for a day or so.

She did indeed, on the SCE Facebook page on Tuesday
    "FYI post: after 10 am tomorrow I may be slow to answer any messages/posts for a couple days! I will do my best to address any questions/orders in a timely manner, but if I do not get back with you right away, I do apologize and promise to do so ASAP. Thank you!"
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • LuuuuucyLuuuuucy Posts: 146Registered Users
    I'd love to try this too, but I'm not on Facebook. Can someone message me with her email?
    Curly work in progress
    2C with some 3A if all the stars align
    Low porosity, medium to low density and fine
    No sulfates since 2009
    CG since 2013

In my stash:
    Shampoos and conditioners- Tresemme Naturals Low Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Aloe, Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave Ins- Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers- KCCC, AG Recoil, KY Lubricant (yup), SM Curl Milk
    Gels- Ecostyler, Biosilk RHG
    Mousse- Devacurl Uplifting Foam, Suave Captivating Curls
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    I have been using no cook fsg, I just soak the seeds overnight in the fridge ( in an old mesh coffee filter ) , I take the seeds out fill the gel it in a jar and keep it in the fridge. Mine last for 6 days. It works no different for me then the cooked version.

Very interesting! I might even give something that simple a try. Too busy and lazy to mess with cooking it.

What happens after 6 days, or do you know? Looks like if refrigerated, it would last a little longer than that . . . .
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    WurlyLox wrote: »

Very interesting! I might even give something that simple a try. Too busy and lazy to mess with cooking it.

What happens after 6 days, or do you know? Looks like if refrigerated, it would last a little longer than that . . . .
    After 6 days refriderated it goes bad! This is with no additives, my cooked version lasts 10 days. But the no cook saves me much time and hassle. I have used the same seeds 3 times with good results.
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

I add a pinch of citric acid to my cooked FSG and get over 2 weeks.
    Current favorites:

• swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    Hello, ladies! I'm Sweet Curls Elixirs on FB. I believe I have answered all messages I have received.. If I haven't answered, it's because it's not showing in my message center!
    If you like you can email me at swtndspcy@comcast.net or sweetcurlselixirs@comcast.net!
    As soon as I get my computer back from the shop, I plan to go ahead and open my Etsy store.
    ETA: my bad, it was in my email. I'm sorry! Recovering from my monthly infusion, it makes me a bit out of it!! I have replied back.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Thanks all:)
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    swtndspcy wrote: »
    Hello, ladies! I'm Sweet Curls Elixirs on FB. I believe I have answered all messages I have received.. If I haven't answered, it's because it's not showing in my message center!
    If you like you can email me at swtndspcy@comcast.net or sweetcurlselixirs@comcast.net!
    As soon as I get my computer back from the shop, I plan to go ahead and open my Etsy store.
    ETA: my bad, it was in my email. I'm sorry! Recovering from my monthly infusion, it makes me a bit out of it!! I have replied back.
    Can't wait to try!
    2c/3a cg 01/10/13

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    WurlyLox wrote: »

Flaxseeds are a food item, they go off same as any food and you cannot always tell - that is why food poisoning happens. Refrigerating only slows that process down. Boiling the gel kills more bacteria so that might increase the life, ditto using a preservative.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect