CurlTalk

Have I missed something big around here??

texascurlytexascurly Posts: 1,967Registered Users
The last couple of months the boards just seem really slow. Not near as many posts as there used to be. Did I miss some big drama or mass exit from here??

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,654Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    texascurly wrote: »
    The last couple of months the boards just seem really slow. Not near as many posts as there used to be. Did I miss some big drama or mass exit from here??

If you missed, it was right next to you when it happened. :) For me, summer has been busy and I've been out and about more (so less time spent on forums). No other reason than that. I still love it here and I'm hoping to start posting more in the next week or so when life calms down a bit.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Yeah the mods started cracking down on what we can post. Censoring and removing posts, or stepping into a thread over the littlest things. It pissed a lot of people off. The unfairness of it all pisses me off. Some people seemed to get more (or less) targeted than others.

WileE was banned over a very controversial post or two as well. A LOT of boardies have disappeared...
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    It's no secret - most of us have moved to fb.
  • scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    Some bannnings. some protest. a lots of people left for Facebook. The group is open to all
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    What's the name of the group? I'm assuming it's not the official NC.com FB page.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    nonnc.com
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,235Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    I'm still here and still find the hair boards interesting and useful. But for everyday chatting I prefer the facebook page where I can use grown up words and talk about adult subjects without being censored.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • croftericacrofterica Posts: 64Registered Users
    Can you link to the FB group?
  • macluanmacluan Posts: 326Registered Users
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    nonnc.com
    I tried the name listed above on fb but must be missing something. Any help appreciated. I don't post much but have been around a long time and hate to lose track of so many curlies.
  • journotravelerjournotraveler Posts: 2,816Registered Users
    macluan wrote: »
    nonnc.com
    I tried the name listed above on fb but must be missing something. Any help appreciated. I don't post much but have been around a long time and hate to lose track of so many curlies.

It didn't work for me, either.
    3B corkscrews with scatterings of 3A & 3C.
    type in.....the non nc
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    type in.....the non nc
    I must be dense today. Still not finding it.
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    You need to already be friends with someone in the group. Then they will add you.
    You can friend me.....:lovestory:
    From Michael Berg:

You can friend me.....:lovestory:
    Thanks, can you message me your fb name?
    uh oh
  • SarxhSarxh Posts: 114Registered Users
    And I was just getting into the forum :(
    Hair Type: 3a/3b, dark brown, blonde highlights, normal - high porosity, fine - medium strands
    Low Poo: Live Clean Moisturizing Shampoo (lowpoo)
    Condish: Aussie Moist or Tresemee Naturals
    Leave In: Giovanni DLI or Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine LI
    Styling: Curls Rock Amplifier, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse (HG)
    My hair loves protein!:love5:
    Sarxh wrote: »
    And I was just getting into the forum :(

Don't worry....there's still enuf of us here to keep this place interesting. :thumbup:
    From Michael Berg:

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,235Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Just because there are spats and fights and bickering doesn't mean no on is here! And more people join every day. It's still a popular place so stick around! : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    Jeepy and Lotsa are very wise!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using CurlTalk App
    Yes, yes we are....:afro:
    From Michael Berg:

• Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users
    Everyone is welcome there. You just need an invite from a member. It's a private group only to keep semi-anonymous like it is here. Hope I'm not breaking any rules. Anyone who wants to join can pm me for info.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    It's best to just keep moving forward. Nc will rebound.
    NC doesn't have to rebound....it's fine. We just can't say the "f" word here and if that's what you need then you can go to FB to release your frustration.
    From Michael Berg:

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    I was wondering the same thing. Definitely some big frequent posters are gone. No more Saria foodie pix for one.

And no it's definitely not about not being able to say curse words. Apparently we are not allowed to talk about sex and or ask about former posters. I got a whole thread deleted.

Also if you have an unpopular opinion(like WileE) you get banned.

Basically the mods want it puppies and rainbows and thats not only boring, it does not promote sharing knowledge.
    I made my post "tongue in cheek" because that was what some on the non nc were saying. I think the straw that broke the camel's back was the etsy thread.

Glad to see someone else felt the same way I felt about Wile being banned.
    From Michael Berg:

• scrillsscrills Posts: 6,700Registered Users
    I agree with everything you said except the part of Wile. It wasn't just what she said, it how she carried it in to multiple threads and keep the mess going. That was as much of an issue as what she said. I thought her banning was warranted. Otherwise, she was going on ignore for me

Hey, even I got banned in the etsy thread and I didn't know what was happening, LOL
    You got banned??? I guess I missed that. Sorry, but that made me laugh. You would be one of the last people I would of thought of getting banned.

Yea, Wile can take things too far. I think it depends on how much wine she is drinking. I've been known to do the same thing. I just think there are some who are still here who should have been banned a long time ago. Fortunately, they haven't been posting as much. Nice vacation time.
    From Michael Berg:

• atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Moderators
    CT has been around for almost 15 years now :occasion9: and we definitely go through waves of activity and relative inactivity.

To the vets: we're grateful to be one the many online spots you frequent. :love7: To the newbies: welcome! CurlTalk has rules and guidelines that I and the mods adhere to when we moderate. We also rely on Curltalkers to privately notify us of problems happening on the boards. People 13+ can join, so that's where our discretion comes in for language and content.

:thumbup:
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | evelyn@naturallycurly.com | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl