CurlTalk

L'Oreal Out of Bed

There's a huge 13 page thread on this stuff on the product review board. The acronym is LOOB. Anyway, it is in a little tub and it is marketed as a creme gel to create a bedhead look. However, the clever curlies here discovered that using it on wet hair under gel gived great results. I tried it last night before plopping, followed by LA looks gel (yellow). I was very impressed. It seems to give body and enhance curl. AND, I was impressed with how cleanly the stuff rinsed off my hands.
2B/2C wavy
Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!

Comments

• bostonwavesbostonwaves Posts: 727Registered Users
    Yeah -I like it ok but the smell is horrendous.
    I like Boots better.
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    The smell is from the tub for me, it never smells like anything on my hair fortunately.
    While I like say recoil and boots, Loob has really great clumping and boy is my hair shiny when I use it. It's nice that I can get it local too and it's not expensive. It works well with that tightly would spray, or I can actually use it alone right now while it's so dry.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    I've never used it under a gel - it works for me just over a leave-in :) .
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I think it's a lot lighter than boots, which weighed my hair down. This gives me more volume. The smell bothered me at first, but I got used to it and it doesn't linger anyway. I'm on my third tub, and I still love it!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Bailey, you're on your third tub already?? I bought 3 for the next 4 months (hoping to come back in july), but maybe I should buy a couple more. :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    I just finished my first tub of this, & I LOVE it!! I mix it w/my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]Re:coil[/buylink], comb it through, then scrunch. I do use a gel over it - love the volume & curls it gives me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

Well, I've been using it since October, so that's 2 tubs in 4 months (I just opened the third one a few days ago). I guess that's a lot, but I tend to need a lot of product in my hair.

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    I think I started using my first tub in December, so about 1 tub per 2 months sounds about right for me, too. I think you'll be fine, lush :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

Ahhh, ok I thought you guys just started using it in the last month, so that makes sense! :lol:
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    One of the ingred is PEG/PPG 22-24 dimethicone. Does this mean it is water sol.? I can't fing info on that in the ingred thread. Anyone?
    I also found the white tub that it used to be in at Kmart FYI.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    echokitten wrote:
    One of the ingred is PEG/PPG 22-24 dimethicone. Does this mean it is water sol.? I can't fing info on that in the ingred thread. Anyone?
    I also found the white tub that it used to be in at Kmart FYI.

Yep, it's water soluble. :D
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
    Lush , if you run out before you come back you could post for a swap on the board and see what happens. I'm sure one of would be happy to oblige :wink: we PJ's can help an overseas sister in need. I have personally shipped overseas and it is not that difficult.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • jen4youjen4you Posts: 135Registered Users
    tycho19 wrote:
    There's a huge 13 page thread on this stuff on the product review board. The acronym is LOOB. Anyway, it is in a little tub and it is marketed as a creme gel to create a bedhead look. However, the clever curlies here discovered that using it on wet hair under gel gived great results. I tried it last night before plopping, followed by LA looks gel (yellow). I was very impressed. It seems to give body and enhance curl. AND, I was impressed with how cleanly the stuff rinsed off my hands.

I looked but could not find this on the product review board. Can someone help? The PJ in me is dying to try this one! :P

Thanks,
    Jennie

Thanks Wild! :shock:

lush I'll send you some if you run out, after all I can beg you for some white boots this way :D
    I'm glad you'll be back in July (hopefully), you can do round two of the PJ attack :lol:
    2c/3a?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

Thanks for the offers ladies! You guys are awesome!! :D Remember, I got the huge pink Boots stash MH, not the white stuff you're currently loving. :wink:
    oops pink pink I knew that, pink boots then, heck I've been out of that for a couple of months now already ack! It will give me an excuse to pawn off any food smelling imps I still have by then too :D
    2c/3a?

• sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Yay! Sharing the LOOB love. I actually bought a third (I'm still in the middle of my first :oops: ) tub of it yesterday because a drug store was in had the black containers (I have 2 of the white) and I couldn't resist seeing if it worked the same in my hair . . .
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • joyajoya Posts: 199Registered Users
    If I am having great luck with:
    *CO Wash
    *Boots
    *[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]
    *ReCoil
    in that order, where would I insert the LOOB :?

I bought some, but can't figure out what it would replace :roll:
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    joya wrote:
    If I am having great luck with:
    *CO Wash
    *Boots
    *[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink]
    *ReCoil
    in that order, where would I insert the LOOB :?

I bought some, but can't figure out what it would replace :roll:

Maybe replace Boots?
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
    :wink: Ok Ok you guys - you got me.

I tried it again today. I no-poo'd, OneC'd, GF Sleek and Shine leave-in and a scoop (while holding my nose - gawd the smell makes me crazy) of LOOB. That's it.

I now have curly, shiny, bouncy hair. And best of all no crunch.
    I'll see how long it lasts. But I am very impressed. And best of all cheaply impressed.

Now what do I do with my hundreds of dollars worth of stuff?
    "What's the good of having naturally curly hair if nobody's jealous?" Freida - Peanuts

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
    Do like I do, sell the other stuff on the swap board to fund new stuff.
    2c/3a?

• joyajoya Posts: 199Registered Users
    SmallFry-Thanks for your input :)
    I just used it on 2nd day hair, spritzed with water, put some LOOB in my hands, rubbed together, put on spritzed hair, and WOW!
    Really, really curly spirals!
    I will report back as to how it holds up during the day!!!!!
    medusahair wrote:
    Do like I do, sell the other stuff on the swap board to fund new stuff.

Medusa - are you trying to get me to go to the " :twisted: dark side"?

~CG 8/06 ~
    fine, wavy - 2b/3a
    KCNT and KKCC
    Hey you already have hundreds of dollars worth of stuff, you're on the dark side baby! :P
    2c/3a?

• MaybeWavyMaybeWavy Posts: 374Registered Users
    So is this stuff best used in sopping wet I-just-turned-off-the-shower-wet-hair like other stuff is?

I bought a tub but have been hesitating to try it (don't ask why.....I have no idea!) Is it like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink]-a little goes a long way? It seems awful thick- :shock:

Thanks guys!!
    2cFii-ish with 3a moments. Always subject to change.
    (\_/) This is Bunny.
    (O.0) Copy Bunny into your signature to help
    (> <) him on his way to world Domination.

I'm voting for Bunny.
    I squeeze out some water but I leave my hair pretty wet. The Loob will suck up the water feels like. It's a gel/creme combo so it's not like recoil. Recoil is a curl/clump enhancer with a tiny bit of hold. Loob I can use on it's own or under a gel.
    I used a couple of big globs when I use it alone. A little less if I'm using a gel over it since my hair gets easily weighed down (by the gel not the loob loob is like air or umm a marshmallow, no weight I swear)
    2c/3a?

I use much more of this than I do Recoil, at least twice as much anyway, and on sopping wet hair. It's not the most appealing looking stuff, but it works great!
  • CurlyQTPieCurlyQTPie Posts: 447Registered Users
    I like this stuff, but would go easy with the "less is more" approach at first. I usually use TONS of product on my hair (right now it's OneC, Jessicurl CC and RR followed my Angell) and I thought I would need a ton of LOOB. I used way too much (over my OneC and under some Angell) and ended up with lots of clumping but way to product heavy hair even though I applied it on sopping wet hair.
    3B with some 3a. Fell off but am now back on the CG bandwagon and looking for my HG products.