The Expatriation Poll : The Regular People

kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
This ones for us little people... :lol:

Oh, and if you answered "Yes," be sure to tell us where you're going!

Heck. Tell us where you'd like to go if you answered "I'm not Rob Reiner and don't have that kind of money."
"Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i dunno about with Rou :P but Canada is an awesome place....looking better and better everyday. :lol:

not to guano your thread, seriously, but....
    i'm so disappointed in the last 4 years. i think it was mismanaged, big time. i also hate the fact that the popular vote didnt count for ***t last election, and the election overall was screwed over. ok end of rant. :D

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I'd like to but I don't have the money. (Although I'm giving living with rou some serious consideration...) I really can't imagine what country I would emigrate to. As much I hate some a lot of the politics here, this is home. Something really drastic that would personally affect my day to day existence would have to happen for me to be willing to live so far from family and friends and assimilate to a new culture.
    Eres o te haces?
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlyara wrote:
    i dunno about with Rou :P

HEY!

i'm a NICE* girl!!!!

:P

*for a twisted value of "nice".

My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    I've actually been considering expatriation for a couple of years, and its not necessarily because of Bush. Looking at the last 20-30 years, I see political and social trends - independent of who is in the White House and what party controls Congress - that I don't like and don't want to live with. Sometimes, I think that maybe I've got an obligation to suck it up and fight things here at home. Sometimes, I want to leave and ride out what is clearly the growing pains of our country, and return when the dust settles. Then again, I also want to live abroad for a time for other reasons - because I want to see and really experience life in another country.

At this time, I can't afford to move out of my apartment, let alone out of the country. But, its something that is a definite possibility in the not too distant future. Not if Bush wins in 2004, not if candidate X wins in 2008, but if those overall trends continue. Though I have to admit, Bush being re-elected can make it a higher priority issue, what with the Patriot Act and some of the laws Bush wants to pass.

If we do end up expatriating, southern France is high on the list of candidates. Other places we've batted around are NZ, Costa Rica, and the Caribbean. We'd retain US citizenship, and eventually want to return to the US and to the Bay Area.
  • Little Miss Snarky BooyahLittle Miss Snarky Booyah Posts: 452Registered Users
    Let me just say this:

Rou, I'm moving in. I'm an excellent cook and I have pretty good hygenical practices.

I expect 4000 count sheets, though, so get crackin'!!

See ya in November!!!
    You are an evil biatch, evil. Your life must suck!

http://booyahlicious.blogspot.com/
  • loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    DH & I have decided that if Hillary gets into the White House in 2008 that we're going to transfer to a base in Germany so at least we don't have to deal with her!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    I sure hope Rou's house has enough room for all the Americans moving in with her. :lol:
  • the doctorthe doctor Posts: 393Registered Users
    I don't see why I should be forced to consider leaving my home. I've behaved myself! I've paid my taxes, cast my votes, I'm a good neighbor, I always look both ways before I cross the street, I don't curse in front of children, or steal staplers from work...I pay my rent on time and try to respect the opinions of others even when I don't agree...so why should *I* leave, huh? I haven't disrespected the Constitution like *some* people have...

But if **** got desperate enough, like, if I was genuinely in fear for my life, I'd be in BC no matter how much I had to borrow to get there. But I still wouldn't renounce citizenship, damnit. This is MY country!
    spring1onu wrote:
    I like having something "down below"
    smurfette wrote:
    What would you call it, sci-fi guru?
    don't click this. seriously.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    kurlykitty wrote:
    I sure hope Rou's house has enough room for all the Americans moving in with her. :lol:

i'll pack 'em on the floor. and when that gets full... i have a big balcony!

y'all are just going to have to bring sleeping bags rated for arctic expeditions for this time of year! :D
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I'm only leaving if Orlando Bloom's paying my way! :D
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • SpinCycleSpinCycle Posts: 724Registered Users
    curlyara wrote:
    not to guano your thread, seriously, but....
    i'm so disappointed in the last 4 years. i think it was mismanaged, big time. i also hate the fact that the popular vote didnt count for ***t last election, and the election overall was screwed over. ok end of rant. :D
    The popular vote has never counted for anything and it's not supposed to. America has the electoral college system. When you vote for your candidate, you're actually voting for the electors that make the final vote.
    A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. ~Thomas Jefferson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file