Newb needs help

CookieGCookieG Posts: 1Registered Users
I am so overwhelmed!

I have wavy hair that I've always straightened. I want to finally accept and embrace my wavy hair. I've read Curly girl: the handbook so I think I know what techniques to follow. I'm just wondering what products to try. Does this look right?
Sulfate-free cleanser- DevaCare low-poo or Yes to Cucumbers
Botanical conditioner- Any recs?
Gel- Any recs?

I took the quiz and here's what I got:
2a/2b
Low porosity
High density
Coarse

Comments

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    I think the YTCukes is much better liked than the Deva low-poo around here.

If you're truly coarse, you won't want protein in most of your products. Fine hair likes lots of protein.

As far as gels, what are your dews? There's tons and tons of gels out there... a lot of the cheapie LA Looks gels are well liked (and work well for high dews). KCCC is well liked and should work for coarse hair. A lot of people layer gels, so they're use a filler gel or jelly (like Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic) and then add a hard hold gel on top. BRHG and Volumax Mega (from Sally's) are popular hard hold gels also. Making your own gel (jelly) is also a really great place to start.... I love flax seed gel. Okra gel is well-liked as well. Good luck!
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list