New UK curly girl here

eshamiaeshamia Registered Users Posts: 2
Hey newly converted CG here xD
I have 2c/3a hair and it was frizzy and unmanageable but with 2 weeks of cg method i really can see a difference already. Just wondering if there are any uk curlies here that can guide me with some cg friendly products and tips. I know there are alot of amazing products widley available online but I simply cannot afford them, as much as i would like to try them :(
One day!! but for now I need some help haha,
I started with tresemme naturals and boots ingredients coconut and almond conditioner. Any good styling products?

Another question, i have long waist length hair with lovely formed curls at the bottom but doesnt curl properly at top of my head any ideas how to solve this?
Also when I wash my hair it looks like a lovely 3a but the next day horrible frizzy 2c hair!

Sorry for all the questions im just so eager lol any help at all will be appreciated, thank you :)

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome! I am in the UK too.

There is a long list of CG friendly products on British Curlies forum
    High Street CG products | Curly Hair Forum by British Curlies
    Do choose your products based on your hair properties and the dew points/ humidity, not simply on recommendations. Check out the Live Curly Live Free site and the free 'Curls on the Go' smartphone app.

What is your overnight routine? Be sure to either 'pineapple' or loosely braid overnight, AND sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase or a silk or satin sleep bonnet. Pure silk is obviously pricey polyester satin is cheaper if you can stand manmade fibres, otherwise there used to be 50% silk pillowcases on eBay which come from China that are good quality. The silk sleep bonnets on eBay can run quite small, you probably would not get your hair in. Two YouTubers have/ had long wavy-curly hair Curlywavydiane and Waterlily716, you might check out their styling and overnight routines.

For 2s not having curl at the roots is normal due to the weight of the hair, this is worse in those with very long hair. If you had root curl you would be a 3a. The best you can do is support the weight of your hair as it is drying - sleep in your plop, wear a hoodie and put the hair inside the hood, try the Curly Hair Solutions clipping method (Sibel brand roller jaw clamps on eBay are identical and only a few £).
    Roller Jaw Clamps, Curly Hair Solutions - YouTube

Ingredients that can help boost curl include hydrolysed protein, coconut oil, honey or magnesium sulphate (epsom salts) - but not all at once, which would be best depends on your hair properties. I am getting great ringlets from Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume conditioner at present. This is sold in pound shops, BodyCare and Home Bargains. It is rich in protein so might suit porous, fine or medium hair but likely will not suit coarse hair.

Cheapest place for coconut oil (ideal for deep treating porous hair) is Tesco World Foods aisle KTC brand, I actually use Smartprice/ Value golden syrup in place of honey because it is cheaper. Epsom salts you can find in the pharmacy and make a DIY curl spray, or add to a jelly such as a DIY flaxseed gel, but be aware magnesium sulphate is drying if overused.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file