Why is wavy hair unpredictable?

jenfitzjenfitz Posts: 121Registered Users
I have 2A/B or just 2A and my hair is usually right in between straight and curly but my hair is bi polar because sometimes it's more straight and sometimes it's more curly and frizzy and tangled(same as it is when it is more straight).

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Dew points/ humidity? You might do well with different products in different weather.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • nfrasernfraser Posts: 37Registered Users
    jenfitz wrote: »
    I have 2A/B or just 2A and my hair is usually right in between straight and curly but my hair is bi polar because sometimes it's more straight and sometimes it's more curly and frizzy and tangled(same as it is when it is more straight).

haha, bipolar! love that description. Mine is the same thing. I find if i let mine naturally dry it's 2 a in some spots and b in others. If i scrunch and diffuse it's 2b/c. I wish, it could just pick one and stick with it! What products do you use?

2b
    Fine hair, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    No Poo: Deva Curl No Poo
    Low Poo: Shea Moisture
    RI: Tresemme Naturals
    DT: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    LI: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Gel: Garnier Pure Clean Gel
  • nfrasernfraser Posts: 37Registered Users
    also, I just noticed that you have Pure Clean Gel in your profile. Have you had success with this? I just bought it, but haven't been able to get great success with it yet.

2b
    Fine hair, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    No Poo: Deva Curl No Poo
    Low Poo: Shea Moisture
    RI: Tresemme Naturals
    DT: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    LI: Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Gel: Garnier Pure Clean Gel
  • jenfitzjenfitz Posts: 121Registered Users
    nfraser wrote: »
    also, I just noticed that you have Pure Clean Gel in your profile. Have you had success with this? I just bought it, but haven't been able to get great success with it yet.

That's weird I never put that I use pure clean gel...sorry I can't help you with that and sometimes I use got2b wavy hair spray when I notice my hair drying more straight but other times I don't care or my hair is more curly.
  • JessMessJessMess Posts: 151Registered Users
    Story of my life. If I had a nickel for every time someone said to me, "What did you do to your hair?" ... My standard response is that it's schizophrenic. This time of year it's all I can do to keep from having the wind carry me away like a tumbleweed. In the winter I can be like Marcia Brady.

I'm sure it's all about humidity--personally I have never found a reliable way to keep things on an even keel.
    Jessica
    Type 2c: coarse, high-density, low porosity (so it would seem)
    Avoiding protein and glycerin; going for soft, non-crunchy, frizz-free waves
    CO & RO: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
    Sealer: Olive oil
    Leave-in/Styler: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    DT: olive oil and honey
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    This is typical. If I "drip-dry" and don't touch my hair is 2b-c, but it can easily stretch to 2a.

How I handle it while wet factors a lot. I get more curl if I do everything in the shower upside down, while scrunching, scrunch in product and plop and pixie diffuse.

If I do everything right side up in the shower, let the shower head run on my head right side up, squeeze out water, rake in product to break up all clumps, air dry and move it around A LOT when drying. No scrunching. Overnight it stretches easily to 2a. Though I didn't know it... this is how I was "doing" my hair my entire life, so I always thought I was 2a with the occasional random times my hair would get "curly." I was shocked to discover my hair could be consistently 2b-c if I didn't do things to stretch it.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm a wavy, and today, though it is humid, it is also windy. The result? One flat side, one twisty side.

I wonder what's it like having predictable hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file