Almost There...but I need help.

newcurlsnewgurlnewcurlsnewgurl Registered Users Posts: 2
I an fourteen and pretty close to natural. I cant even remember the first time I got a relaxer because it was so long ago. One thing I remember about my hair is it was so thick. In fact it still is.At the moment I have box braids for the summer....its about time to undo them and I am nervous about what stage it is in now. My mom and my friends told me that I should so I decided I would because i was tired of the time in between getting my hair straightened when my hair was a hot mess. My dream is to be able to wear it out and free but I fear two things: frizz and worst of all the pyramid shape. Does anyone have any suggestions? PS My type is mostly 3b

Comments

• lissathecocoalissathecocoa Registered Users Posts: 2
    One way to avoid the triangle shape is to get it cut and shaped by someone who knows how to cut curly hair. I recently got all my relaxer cut off into a tapered afro style cut, and I don't have triangle shape problems because there's no way my curls could even begin to form a triangle, lol.
  • BrookskoolBrookskool Registered Users Posts: 3
    One way to avoid the triangle shape is to get it cut and shaped by someone who knows how to cut curly hair. I recently got all my relaxer cut off into a tapered afro style cut, and I don't have triangle shape problems because there's no way my curls could even begin to form a triangle, lol.

I agree getting a cut for curly hair would help. This site actually has a section where you can look a salons in your state that focus on curly hair. If you dont want to get it cut parting it to the side instead of a middle part also helps.

To decrease frizz you can use a satin pillow case and when your wash your hair use a soft t shirt instead of a towel.
  • newcurlsnewgurlnewcurlsnewgurl Registered Users Posts: 2
    thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file