What Wave Type?

CreativeCaitCreativeCait Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi Guys :)

I'm new can you help me work out my wave type?

I've been sulfate free for two months and no poo for a week.

My hair hates glycerin which = epic frizz that lifts entire strands in top layers horizontal and skywards.

It is coarse and has high porosity and high density.

Blow-dried "straight" it looks 2A. Tends to develop a gentle wave day after straightening with iron.

Pictures attached

I co-washed it and pinappled it overnight in a beanie (unconventional I know but I was cold and didn't have time to blow dry). I put nothing in it.

Thanks ever so much!

Comments

• JessMessJessMess Posts: 151Registered Users
    I think you are a 2C. You got yourself some spirals in the underlayer. 2C wave patterns usually start at the root, and it's hard to tell in those pics--but that would be another clue that you are 2C.

Welcome to the wavy club!
    Jessica
    Type 2c: coarse, high-density, low porosity (so it would seem)
    Avoiding protein and glycerin; going for soft, non-crunchy, frizz-free waves
    CO & RO: Tresemme Naturals Moisture
    Sealer: Olive oil
    Leave-in/Styler: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    DT: olive oil and honey
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow. Can't wait to see it styled!!
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome!

Difficult to tell since you have pineappled in a beanie. For a true typing hair would ideally be washed, not conditioned, no combed, no toweled but drip dried with no touching. At present I'd say a mix of 2a and 2b.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • CreativeCaitCreativeCait Posts: 2Registered Users
    Cool, I had no idea. Will endeavour to put a drip dry pic up. Maybe on a warmer day since we don't have indoor heating. Thanks a bunch!

Cheers guys :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file