I'm still confused, but...

wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
I'm pretty sure I'm not 2b/3a. Looking at the pics on here, I've realized I am a 3a that is right now very flat and non-uniform, but a 3a nonetheless. Looking at all of my hair, I am definitely 3, not 2 (I am definitely curlier than the 2c pics, etc)...but when I examine each curl, it is straight at the root (common issue) and kinda limp-ish right now, but even in the 'waves' I thought most of my hair was I can see either the definite curling in the last inches or the 'corners' all along the way where the curls would be. I do also have genuine waves tossed in, and that annoying straight part at the nape of my neck.

I'm still using sulfates and 'cones, so I guess I'll have to get them back in shape with some real TLC.

Funny, the individual curls look limp and funky, but my hair all together actually looks full and curly ('cept the nape). Thank you, tons o' hair. Turns out you've saved my appearance far more than I ever thought!

And I don't seem to have the separated curls you all do...my hair stays in one mass no matter clumped or unclumped it is.

I do like my hair, but I think I can make it better when I get it healthy!

ETA: Today I air-dried with no gels/mousses/product in my hair to see. Just some condish to keep it smoothed down, no curl-enhancing measures. Condish prolly weighed it down a bit... Oh well!
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Comments

• HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    So you're using 'poo and 'cones and here I thought you were doing CG! Well, if you'd decide to take the "plunge" I'm pretty sure your curls would get more defined pretty soon and you'd know for sure what type you are. So, how about it "wild"???
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Pictures we need pictures!
    It's dry winter now so your curls will be limp under any circumstances. Cut your hair some slack during the winter.
    Some people's hair does better on sulfates and cones, some don't. You'll have to find that out for yourself as far as being gentler for YOUR hair.

You might very well be 3a or a combo of something and 3a. You're welcome to post with us.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    So you're using 'poo and 'cones and here I thought you were doing CG! Well, if you'd decide to take the "plunge" I'm pretty sure your curls would get more defined pretty soon and you'd know for sure what type you are. So, how about it "wild"???

lol! I've been soaking up info like a sponge, and I've been giving it back out (the ones I'm sure of) like crazy! I'm not doing CG right now, as soon as I can go track down the right conditioners, I'll try at least something close...I'm thinking I'll try to find that creme of nature shampoo to start with, and definitely VO5 fresh creamy peaches for condish and maybe co-wash. This probably won't happen for another coupla weeks (not having a car sucks), but I'm planning it to a T!

BTW, HWHC, have you seen the new VO5 vanilla mint clarifying condish? It may be another cheapie that "works" like the k&l.

And medusahair, my apologies! I can't post any pics. I don't think my editor in chief would like it if I used the HS paper's digital camera to take pics of my hair. :lol: "Hey, wild, this doesn't look like the expose you were doing on the football team..."
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file