CurlTalk

Six Inch Challenge For July 2014!

frizzyflyaway05frizzyflyaway05 Posts: 20Registered Users
So, I'm kind of a newbie here. But I've been trying to grow out my hair for about six months. In the beginning I was straightening my hair at least once or twice a week and had dyed it twice and bleached it once. Yes, I did. I still have some fading dyed hair now. Anyways, I have not touched my hair with heat for about 6-7 months now. At the beginning I was at a shoulder length unstretched. Now most of my hair is touching the end of my bra strap unstretched. Small pieces littered through out are mid back length though, due to layered hair a few years ago. I am not doing the big chop, most of my hair is healthy right now and soft anyway. I just want length though! Stretched out, it's lower waist length. But I'm attempting for lower waist length unstretched. So far my hair has grown about 2 inches or so. I want to grow it out another 2-3 inches before my birthday, on Jan. 1st. Since it's July 26th now, I've still got time right? Growing it two more inches would be like a birthday present to myself! I'm a 3b mixed girl. Any NON EXPENSIVE reccomendations for growing my hair healthy and the half inch it's supposed to every month? Also, I want to start a challenge for 2014. If you are in let me know! I'm attempting to grow at least 5-6 more inches by July of 2014! I'll post some pics of my hair growth tomorrow. Good bye for now! Also, here is anewly added picture of my hair, this month, July 26th!

Comments

• KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users
    Sounds good@, and I no some products what's in your price range?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
  • CURLYanddy_CURLYanddy_ Posts: 198Registered Users
    I'm in! But, I won't be able to check my length until August due to a deal I made with myself. (I check my length too much, so I agreed to do it every three months, and I picked August, November, February, and May. I started growing in August, so that's why.)

What are the rules?

I can't really suggest any hair products either because I don't know your price range, but I know castor oil is good for hair growth. I don't think it's that expensive, especially if you don't use a lot.

- Sent from Anddy's iPhone. 😋
    P.S. - No picture is posted.

• frizzyflyaway05frizzyflyaway05 Posts: 20Registered Users
    Sorry. I was going to post a picture this morning but had no time. And lol I know I measur obsessively too. How about measure every 3 months and write down length or take a picture to see the growth every three months? We can do this! If I do this and get waist length I'll be crying joyful tears"
    Oh yeah.. I heard about castor oil and wanted to try it... Turns out it expired. Can I still use it? Even if it smells kinda funky?
    Also here are some pics taken 1 day ago of current length:

20130726_022021_zps212e2bdf.jpg

Idk if it will work but.... yeah one more: 20130726_022053_zps38173ebd.jpg

Yeah these are from July 26th 2013! At almost waist length stretched!
    That's sounds good. I may have to just measure though, because I don't know how to put up a picture. :(

But, I don't think you should use it... For your hair's sake. Haha.

But, you hair is a weirdly pretty color. :)

Yeah I dont think I will use it either. And thanks. Now it looks orange because I just left it to fade away but it used to be red. No more dying hair for me!
  • AndreailjAndreailj Posts: 14Registered Users
    Hi, I'm Andrea from Panamá, glad to take the challenge since I have been growing out a horror movie hair cut on November last year. I had in my teens curls down to my hips and want them long again, here is a pic of my ugly hair cut (not curly but brushed out) and current length.

3b, medium porosity
    :love1:Dark as night botticelli 3b curls (2c-3a at nape), Medium porosity, Medium to high density, Coarse (but soft & fine at nape) & APL
    Cleanse: Low poo (Organix shampoo)
    Co-Wash: VO5 (any)
    Conditioners: Aussie moist, Suave Naturals
    DC: diy with oils, honey and conditioner
    Leave ins and stylers: coconut oil, Potion 9, Gel (Tresemmé bouncy curls or Kiss My Face Upper Management this is my HG)
    :wav:
  • AndreailjAndreailj Posts: 14Registered Users
    Forgot to mention my hair is about 16 inches from the top of my head now, it has grown about 5 inches since November 2012
    :love1:Dark as night botticelli 3b curls (2c-3a at nape), Medium porosity, Medium to high density, Coarse (but soft & fine at nape) & APL
    Cleanse: Low poo (Organix shampoo)
    Co-Wash: VO5 (any)
    Conditioners: Aussie moist, Suave Naturals
    DC: diy with oils, honey and conditioner
    Leave ins and stylers: coconut oil, Potion 9, Gel (Tresemmé bouncy curls or Kiss My Face Upper Management this is my HG)
    :wav:
    Well, I'm glad that you decided to join the challenge. I hope everyone gets the long healthy, LONG hair they want, flowing in the wind. Haha, I wish. Anyways, um yeah, I'll post the rules 'n stuff.
    Right-the rules.

NO HEAT STYLING!

Measure every three months.

End date is July 26 2014.

You can either take a picture of your hair every 3 months or write the length down when you measure. You can do both if you want.

.....That's about it! Ready set grow
  • jam29jam29 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I want to join too! I just decided to try to grow out my hair. My hair right now is an inverted bob and the shortest part of the back can be pulled down to about an inch or so below my hairline. For the life of me I can't manage to get a picture of the back of my head lol.
    Okay, I have to cheat a little bit. I planned on straightening my hair for the first time later on this month...

Although I'm cheating, I'm super excited about it still. Haha!

(I will let you know how long it is when I do, so I can track growth.)

• NeNe4CNeNe4C Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hello all

Im defiantly in.. I just did my BC July 2013 and I only have about 2 inches of curls
  • davidkaltsasdavidkaltsas Posts: 119Registered Users
    I am in ! My hair is just 6 inches
    Curl Pattern: 3a mixed with 3b
    Porosity:Low
    Density:Medium to High
    Width:Medium-Coarse
    Length:Medium

CG Method since 25/6/13

Want to reach terminal length !
  • anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users
    Where do you measure your hair from? The top of your head or bottom? What about layers? I just did a big chop and want to grow it down to my elbows... haha
    Where do you measure your hair from? The top of your head or bottom? What about layers? I just did a big chop and want to grow it down to my elbows... haha

i dont have any layers so its the same for me.. if you have layers i guess that you should measure the longest hairs .. ?

CG Method since 25/6/13

• anonymous_150263anonymous_150263 Posts: 773Registered Users

i dont have any layers so its the same for me.. if you have layers i guess that you should measure the longest hairs .. ?

Without layers the hair on the top of your head would be much longer than the hair on the bottom. .. if its all cut one length

I think it's smart to measure the bottom since that's the hair that will reach your goal first. That's what I do.

I think it's smart to measure the bottom since that's the hair that will reach your goal first. That's what I do.

that sounds good xD

CG Method since 25/6/13

Sorry I dissapeared for a while :) I'm glad all you people decided to join now. About the measuring predicament-How about measure the hsir at the bottom of the scalp.
  • steffisteffi Posts: 12Registered Users
    I'm in too.
    I will give the measure later because it's really late but my stretched hair goes to my shoulders. And i want to grow out this horrible layers my stylist gave me, i mean curly they don't even reach my ears.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using CurlTalk App
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    Right-the rules.

NO HEAT STYLING!

You can either take a picture of your hair every 3 months or write the length down when you measure. You can do both if you want.

Awe looks like I'm out because I flat iron to check length.

But I wouldn't use expired castor oil, if you bought it recently just return it. I started using JBCO instead and its not as thick and smells OK but I can't tell yet if its better.

Sent from my C5155 using CurlTalk App
  • crazycurlychickcrazycurlychick Posts: 344Registered Users
    :blob2:I'm in! I just got a trim last week but I want to grow my hair to mid back by my 18th bday in July
    :angel9:rockin the curls God gave me.

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a
    Conditioner Vo5 Moisture Milks
    Leave in Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Shower, comb, apply leave in and mousse in wet hair then scrunch out the water and sometimes.
    Second day, Wake up mist with water and smooth Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie over hair :wav:
  • crazycurlychickcrazycurlychick Posts: 344Registered Users
    Right-the rules.

NO HEAT STYLING!

haha this ends on my 18th birthday!!!!!!:glasses7:
    :angel9:rockin the curls God gave me.

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a
    Conditioner Vo5 Moisture Milks
    Leave in Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Shower, comb, apply leave in and mousse in wet hair then scrunch out the water and sometimes.
    Second day, Wake up mist with water and smooth Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie over hair :wav:
    Johari wrote: »
    Right-the rules.

NO HEAT STYLING!

Awe looks like I'm out because I flat iron to check length.

But I wouldn't use expired castor oil, if you bought it recently just return it. I started using JBCO instead and its not as thick and smells OK but I can't tell yet if its better.

OK nvm I think I can do it! Ima do my best to go without heat :D

So far I've lasted about 2 or 3 weeks

Nvm,I checked the date of my last flat iron & its been about a month :O

This is from July 15th and I won't flat iron til the final check in on July 24!

• smalesevsmalesev Posts: 33Registered Users
    Newbie here, and a little late to the party, but I'm in! I'm growing out my hair for my wedding 5/24/14, but I won't stop until your 18th!
  • kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    I'm in!!
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net