Poll : Question for women on the virginity of guys

kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
This is a question for women over 23 on whether or not they care if a guy they want to date is a virgin or planning to abstain.

First, I want to know whether or not you are a virgin. Next, I want to know if you care whether or not the guy is a virgin/waiting for marriage.

Thanks.
"Beware the man of one book." --Latin proverb
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    kurlykitty wrote:
    This is a question for women over 23 on whether or not they care if a guy they want to date is a virgin or planning to abstain.

First, I want to know whether or not you are a virgin. Next, I want to know if you care whether or not the guy is a virgin/waiting for marriage.

Thanks.

Oops I took your poll before reading the post, I'm 18. Virgin and want him to be one was my answer.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity
  • kurlykittykurlykitty Posts: 162Registered Users
    Oops I took your poll before reading the post, I'm 18. Virgin and want him to be one was my answer.

No big deal - the reason I gave the age was because I'm thinking of a few guys in particular, 25+ virgins interested in 23+ women, and I'm trying to find out what the pool of women they'd be interested in think about the issue.
  • FoxyCurlFoxyCurl Posts: 19Registered Users
    I'm 27
    I'm married and my husband was a virgin when we started dating and I was not. We didn't wait for marriage but if he wanted to I would have.
    His being a virgin didn't bother me at all.
  • SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    You know, something tells me that many answering this are not reading the 23+ stipulation... perhaps I'm wrong but that's just my inkling.
    <insert signature line here>
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am 27 and married, but I answered that I am not a virgin, and I wouldn't care if he was, as long as he didn't want to wait until marriage.
    :rambo:
  • curlytoricurlytori Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm 41, and have been married for 13.5 years. We're both still virgins because we're saving ourselves for the right moment. So no, I don't mind at all that he's a virgin.

Oh, and can anyone tell me what kind of 'moment' is the right kind? :oops:
    Stop mumbling and change your pants!
    curlytori wrote:
    I'm 41, and have been married for 13.5 years. We're both still virgins because we're saving ourselves for the right moment. So no, I don't mind at all that he's a virgin.

:shock:

You're joking, aren't you?
  • wuvweesawuvweesa Posts: 5Registered Users
    I'm 23, single, not a virgin, don't care if he is, and I'd wait until marriage if that's what he wanted to do (however, if he was kind of on the fence about waiting, I'd try my hardest to devirginize him!! :twisted: j/k, I think...)
    Why be difficult when, with a bit of effort, you could be impossible?
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    Whoops, yeah -- I'm one of those who didn't read the 23+ part. I'm 21 & I answered the not a virgin/okay if he is as long as not waiting for marriage, just in case you want to remove it from your statistics. :P
  • Confused CurlyConfused Curly Posts: 229Registered Users
    It depends on how old the guy is. If I was 23 and the guy was 23, I wouldn't care. Although, I was not ready for marriage at 23 so either we would have had a 10 year sexless courtship or would have broken up without having sex.

However, I'm 34 and not interested in college age men. I haven't been around all that much, myself, because I'm picky. I would rather not date a slut but a virgin in my age group - say over 27 would be very, very odd to me. I'd think he had issues. My preference would be a guy who is not a virgin but has not slept around. The 23 year old virgin 10 years later, perhaps? :)

Most Fundamentalist Christian men tend to marry young and avoid that issue. I am also not interested in a Fundementalist Christian man since I am Catholic and we would have issues.

ETA: I clicked F. Not a virgin, don't want a virgin - because a 30 year old male virgin creeps me out. Sexist, I know. The only way I could accept that is if he had been a priest and decided to quit. Although that might make me feel guilty - Catholic, you know! :oops:
    Do you know why they call it "PMS"? Because "Mad Cow Disease" was taken.
    --Unknown, presumed deceased
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    The only way I could accept that is if he had been a priest and decided to quit. Although that might make me feel guilty - Catholic, you know

Hmmm, I slept with an ex-priest. I loved thinking that I was corrupting him, by messing around with him. Unfortunately I learned the hard way that he was already corrupted and was making up for lost time by being a sl-t, and a bottom feeding a-hole. :twisted:

Oh well :( anyway I haven't been around too much myself, so I want someone who knows more then me, and can rock my world a few times a month :wink:
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
  • Little Miss Snarky BooyahLittle Miss Snarky Booyah Posts: 452Registered Users
    I couldn't answer the poll as is.

I'm a virgin (23) but I don't know why. I don't know if I want to continue to be a virgin, so I have no stance on what I want the proverbial 'him' to do. I just don't know!

But I'm a virgin. So there you go.
    You are an evil biatch, evil. Your life must suck!

http://booyahlicious.blogspot.com/
    I couldn't answer the poll as is.

I'm a virgin (23) but I don't know why. I don't know if I want to continue to be a virgin, so I have no stance on what I want the proverbial 'him' to do. I just don't know!

But I'm a virgin. So there you go.

Hmmm... didn't think of "I'm a virgin, don't care if he is, and don't know what the heck I want to do about it" as an option. ;)
  • ImSpartacusImSpartacus Posts: 24Registered Users
    The survey is flawed. I didn't see an option for
    "I'm not a virgin and only sleep with married men 10 years older than me."
    The survey is flawed. I didn't see an option for
    "I'm not a virgin and only sleep with married men 10 years older than me."

I'd say that counts as "not a virgin and definitely not interested in virgins"

You guys are SO picky...
  • Little Miss Snarky BooyahLittle Miss Snarky Booyah Posts: 452Registered Users
    kurlykitty wrote:

Hmmm... didn't think of "I'm a virgin, don't care if he is, and don't know what the heck I want to do about it" as an option. ;)

And you damn well should have, apparently!!

What, you got something against virgins who don't know what the hell they want?? Are you anti-undecided-virgin? You are!! I know it!

Remember when I flipped out? That was fun... :twisted:
    You are an evil biatch, evil. Your life must suck!

http://booyahlicious.blogspot.com/
  • curlinicatorcurlinicator Posts: 911Registered Users
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    I wouldn't mind if he were by choice. However, any guys around my age who are virgins because they can't get any seem to have serious issues. I have problems with the issues, not the sexual status.

Curlyincali's statement about the guy who was a virgin at 23 would be ok with me too, probably.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • slinky1slinky1 Banned Posts: 1,612Banned Users
    I'm 23 and a virgin and I don't think any guys my age are, so your poll really isn't much of an issue in my mind.

*shrug*

I would NEVER marry a guy without sleeping with him first...that's insane to me.
    ;)
    I just wanted everyone to know that I respect that a lot of you want to wait for sex until you are married.

My opinion about wanting to have sex before marriage comes from self-esteem issues. I want to be sure that the guy is totally o.k. with the...uh...more personal aspects of who I am...before he is stuck with me for good.
    ;)
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curlytori wrote:

Oh, and can anyone tell me what kind of 'moment' is the right kind? :oops:

nevermind....:|
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • legendslegends Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    I'm 23, not a virgin, and I absolutely do not want a virgin. I might change my mine if I actually meet a virgin in his 20's who doesn't have issues or who isn't relgious.
    Eres o te haces?
    legends wrote:
    I'm 23, not a virgin, and I absolutely do not want a virgin. I might change my mine if I actually meet a virgin in his 20's who doesn't have issues or who isn't relgious.

If you meet such a person, prepare to have to fight me for him...me and a bunch of others if the word gets out. :wink: :)
    ;)
    I can't imagine that a guy would be a virgin in his 20s and not have issues unless he was religious.
    I can't imagine that a guy would be a virgin in his 20s and not have issues unless he was religious.

Even if he was religious, I can't see a guy staying a virgin that long. Sex is the cornerstone of male existance.

Still, even though it sounds a little unreal, I would kill for the chance to be able to "corrupt" someone at my age... :( I'm so screwed up.
    ;)
    slinky1 wrote:

Even if he was religious, I can't see a guy staying a virgin that long. Sex is the cornerstone of male existance.

That's is why I said in my original post that most Fundamentalist Christians marry young and avoid that problem. I don't know if any other religions prize virginity as much. If there are others they probably marry early as well.

That is why male virgins creep me out. Sex is the cornerstone of their existence. It would be like me going without chocolate and shoes. Not going to happen. ;)
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I know a 22 year old male virgin. He doesn't have issues, but he is religious (muslim). So I guess there are some no-issue male virgins out there!

Me, I'm 22 and the ideal of a man who made it through college without having sex kinda feaks me out, and makes me think he has issues.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I said I'm not a virgin, I don't care if he is as long as he's not waiting for marriage, mostly because I think I would not be compatible with a guy who was waiting for marriage. But I think it would really depend on the guy.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Sorry, I'm 19! My answer was "I'm not a virgin and am not interested in him if he is one" That sounds terrible! I really respect virgins, but I want to do it...so..!!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
    shelli wrote:
    Sorry, I'm 19! My answer was "I'm not a virgin and am not interested in him if he is one" That sounds terrible! I really respect virgins, but I want to do it...so..!!

Don't sweat it. Considering that we were flooded by 18 year old virgins that only want other virgins, your answer sort of evens things out. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file