Hello ladies

CurlyGuy13CurlyGuy13 Registered Users Posts: 2
So for the last couple years, being of sound mind and mixed race, I have been trying to figure out how to get the devil's curly hair I was blursed with to look and be its best. I stopped using sulfates and tried a few other things, but I just can't find a routine that gives me quite the results I'd like.

I found myself admittedly feeling a bit silly when I looked into this thing called the Curly Girl method. As a guy I know I'm encouraged to just keep my hair short and easy to manage, and when I refuse that I'm told to try relaxer or straightening of some sort.

But it's always been natural for me, and I'm not one to sacrifice character for convenience. I also want to keep growing it out until I can't stand the heat, because when I bang my head I want to feel those curls bounce.

Now I've landed here, where I hope to get taming this mane of mine down to a science. I believe I'm a 3b of medium length (shoulder length when wet) and that's about the extent of what I know so far. I look forward to seeing what my hair is supposed to look like one day.

Comments

• RytokaRytoka Registered Users Posts: 309 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome to the dark side! Lol, CG is great for everyone! You will be surprised in the changes I'm sure. I even have my straight haired daughter on a modified CG. Good luck!
    Katie
    2C/3a, Medium Texture, Normal porosity, High Density, Normal Elasticity (so says the LCLF Hair analysis)
    Co Wash: As I am
    RO: Yes To Carrots / Ion
    LI: Biotera / Samy Big Curls Defining Cream
    Gel: FSG, Volumax (Original and Mega)
    Color: Henna
    Tools: Diffusing
    :thumright:
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome! Curly Girl is a bit unfortunately named, but it does work. Do check out the stickies, the Live Curly Live Free site for your hair properties and the free 'Curls on the Go' app for the frizz forecast if you have a smartphone.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file