Help me with my hair type please

trumph15bxtrumph15bx Posts: 15Registered Users
Hey Im fairly new to going natural and I have been growing my hair for about 3-3 1/2 months Its still kind of short which is probably the reason why I cant tell but I was wondering if anyone could give me like an opinion I think its 3c/4a?also my hair is not really curling on the top I'm not sure if its do to what I'm using or if its because its a looser curl pattern.

Comments

• SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would say that you have 3c/4a with a little of 4b hair on a curly girl.hair chart. There is a curly guy's hair chart as well: http://www.manlycurls.com/2011/06/curly-hair-men-types-guide/

My boyfriend's hair does the same that yours does in terms of not curling in sections and it may be due to previous hair cuts and the fact that the top of your head is the least manipulated and exposed. Have u tried any gels?
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil
  • trumph15bxtrumph15bx Posts: 15Registered Users
    I would say that you have 3c/4a with a little of 4b hair on a curly girl.hair chart. There is a curly guy's hair chart as well: The Essential Guide to Types of Curly Hair for Men | The Lifestyle Blog for Modern Men & their Hair by Curly Rogelio

My boyfriend's hair does the same that yours does in terms of not curling in sections and it may be due to previous hair cuts and the fact that the top of your head is the least manipulated and exposed. Have u tried any gels?

No not yet but I've been hearing good things about eco styler gel....do you kno if it would make a difference or do I have to just wait to let it grow before it starts to curl.....
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Hi Trumph15bx! You look to be a 4a to me.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • trumph15bxtrumph15bx Posts: 15Registered Users
    Curlilocs wrote: »
    Hi Trumph15bx! You look to be a 4a to me.

Thanks for telling me I'm thinking that to which I'm fine with I just wanted so verification....ne ways its starting to grow its about like an 1 1/2 Wat I was wondering is if u knew wen the curls would get bigger and start to show
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Most guys and even women have to wait and let their hair grow out before their true curl pattern becomes evident. I would say to try a small container of Eco Styler gel (usually about $1.49 at a local beauty supply) on your hair and see if it works, otherwise maybe a curl enhancing pudding or smoothie like Shea Moisture's. You might also want to research about texture and porosity. Those are more helpful characteristics than curl type.
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file