CurlTalk

Watermelon Ice Cream Recipe?

ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
I have a watermelon that has a too mushy texture for my liking, but the flavor and sweetness is excellent.

Any good watermelon ice cream recipes out there?
I did a search, and too many are available, so I thought I would ask if anyone has a recipe she has tried and liked. If not, I will just use my basic vanilla recipe and add the watermelon.

Thanks
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You don't think sherbet or sorbet would be better?

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I am not a fan of sorbet.

I think I may mix the watermelon with strawberries and make a watermelon/strawberry ice cream.

The sherbet recipes are very similar to the basic ice cream recipe that I use. I am going to use a Philadelphia style (no eggs) ice cream base.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Blender
    Ice
    Lime
    Rum
    Watermelon Margaritas!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn