Roller setting/wrapping to straighten?

ElizabethFaithElizabethFaith Registered Users Posts: 429
Hi! Has anyone achieved straight hair by roller setting and wrapping their hair? I did the roller set; it came out perfect. But when I wrapped it (which I did not do well) it just came out wavy/curly with lots of volume the next day. Am I doing something wrong?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!

Comments

  • bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    Hi! Has anyone achieved straight hair by roller setting and wrapping their hair? I did the roller set; it came out perfect. But when I wrapped it (which I did not do well) it just came out wavy/curly with lots of volume the next day. Am I doing something wrong?

    I can't speak for roller sets but one time I had a job interview on short notice. However, I didn't have time to get my hair trimmed so instead of doing my regular routine of tousling my hair to create curls, I blew it dry and styled it with a round brush. Then used my wife's curling iron. Hair was not straight per se but definitely straighter than the norm. I wouldn't mind trying a roller set once.
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

    "Curls aren't just for girls"
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    Mahogany curls has a video where she did that. It was really pretty. She used saranwrap to wrap it. It had amazing body.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    adthomas wrote: »
    Mahogany curls has a video where she did that. It was really pretty. She used saranwrap to wrap it. It had amazing body.

    I saw the video. Yes, she had amazing hair. I'd love to do her roller set on my hair but I can do without the Saranwrap.
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

    "Curls aren't just for girls"
  • adthomasadthomas Registered Users Posts: 5,525 Curl Neophyte
    bobby wrote: »
    adthomas wrote: »
    Mahogany curls has a video where she did that. It was really pretty. She used saranwrap to wrap it. It had amazing body.

    I saw the video. Yes, she had amazing hair. I'd love to do her roller set on my hair but I can do without the Saranwrap.


    I just realized you have a pick in your hair. lol Now that's my kind of a fro!!:afro:
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • bobbybobby Registered Users Posts: 785 Curl Connoisseur
    adthomas wrote: »
    bobby wrote: »
    adthomas wrote: »
    Mahogany curls has a video where she did that. It was really pretty. She used saranwrap to wrap it. It had amazing body.

    I saw the video. Yes, she had amazing hair. I'd love to do her roller set on my hair but I can do without the Saranwrap.


    I just realized you have a pick in your hair. lol Now that's my kind of a fro!!:afro:

    I only wear it occasionally but just enough to shake people up. You should have seen the looks I got from people the first time I wore it in a public place. :afro:
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

    "Curls aren't just for girls"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file