Hey all! I'm new here. And I need serious help lol!

NiachelNiachel Registered Users Posts: 1
Hey everyone! My name is Chelsea. I'm 20 years old. And so confused about going natural! lol I came here for some tips and advice on if I should and what I can expect. I previously tried to go natural before and I didn't have much parental support. I normally never did my hair I always had my mom do it, because I have had hair issues from day 1! I lost all my hair from a chlorine allergy as an toddler and it hasn't been a very good time since. I did a modeling thing a few years back they straightened my hair for the first time ever and my hair broke and fell out once again. I currently am texlaxed. I don't ever get my hair straight with a relaxer. So I still get some curl definition. I just don't know what to do...sometimes I feel like my hair is a lost cause and I want to reach for the scissors lol. Last time I tried to go natural I think I over moisturized my hair and it started falling out a lot. I feel like my hair has a inner curly goddess and its not showing its true colors just yet... Currently I always wear my hair in a ponytail due to my sport. Its SL. When I have my mom put in my ponytail, like when I'm so tired of fighting with my hair it is really frizzy. Idk if it's suppose to be this way or if shes combing the curls out. When I style my hair I add Beautiful Textures moisture butter. But lately I have been mixing the Beautiful Textures curl control pudding and curl define custard together. I do get curl definition but a lot of shrinkage. I just need some help and a lot of advice cause i'm literally at my wits end! I have included pictures of my hair in its frizzy state (with poof ponytail) and in its wannabe curly state, also a picture of my roots. I haven't had a texlax in a month and a half
Thank you guys! And nice to meet you all
IMAG0114.jpg

20130718_222108.jpg

20130717_221745.jpg

20130718_083834.jpg

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome! A month and a half is not long enough to see your true texture come through. As I understand it texlaxing is just a weak relaxer, it is damaging to the structure of the hair. Beneficial ingredients for chemical treated hair include coconut oil, hydrolysed protein, ceramides and panthenol. Do you dye your hair or is that sun damage or your natural colour?

it's useful to choose ingredients and products based on your hair properties and dew points or humidity, not all hair that seems dry or damaged needs more moisture often it needs more conditioning or elasticity or reduced porosity. Also not all products that claim to provide moisture (= increase or add water) actually do so! Wearing the same tight style over and over again can damage curl pattern and damage hair, there are some great YouTube videos on protective styling for going natural.
    Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free

All three of the products you list seem to be heavy on oils and butters, I don't see much in the way of conditioning ingredients - fatty alcohols and cationic surfactants which are important for clumping, frizz control and holding the right amount of water in the hair. Shea butter can build up, be careful not to overuse it.
    Ingredients Commonly Found in Hair Care Products
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file