Dominican Salon Rollerset pics

toosweet118toosweet118 Posts: 108Registered Users
Sometimes when I feel for a change I go to the Dominican Salon and get a rollerset. I suck at rollersetting, I can't wrap my hair tight enough to get it straight. They use the XLg rollers and I can't secure those properly.
I take my own products, make the them shampoo only once. They roller set, I sit under the dryer until my hair is completely dry (any moisture is bad, my hair will frizz) then they remove the rollers. I then use the widest comb they have to comb out the curls a bit. I runmy fingers through to messup the root lines from the roller set and voila. My hair stays once it doens't get wet or comes into contact with humidity. Take a look at the pics.
3B-C - Trader Joe Nourish CO, BB Soft Curls & Swirls ,Honey, FOTE, Jessicurl WDT.....+ Good weather = Great hair! :flower:

Comments

• PJsMomPJsMom Posts: 173Registered Users
    Wow, the rollerset looks gorgeous...it looks really nice...
    3c/4a

BC - 25 July 2006
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow, it looks really pretty. Very sleek and shiny! They did a great job, but it does help that you have gorgeous, healthy hair. :)
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Beautiful, soft texture and color. Awesome length. But still I much prefer your Honey pictures (as I raved about in the drugstore conditioner thread) :D
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
    Your hair looks beautiful! Of course, Dominicans are best with hair!
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel
  • toosweet118toosweet118 Posts: 108Registered Users
    Thanks for all the compliments ladies! You guys are the sweetest. I am happy to report that my rollerset is still in great shape almost a week later with the exception of some of the hair from edges that got wet when I washed my face. Call me crazy but I REALLY want to wet my hair, I miss having the water running down my scalp. :( I swear if my husband ever found some of my posts here he would think I am insane for spending so much time obsessing aobut my hair. If he only knew.... Sorry for ranting. :?
    3B-C - Trader Joe Nourish CO, BB Soft Curls & Swirls ,Honey, FOTE, Jessicurl WDT.....+ Good weather = Great hair! :flower:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your rollerset hair looks great, but I'm partial to your hair photos with the GF and honey -- fabulous!
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    Wow! Very pretty!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    I love your roller set and your hair period. :D When you use the Sleek and shine leave-in conditioner,how much do you apply? I think I was over doing it with my daughter's hair,it was leaving white particles.
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    You have gorgeous hair! Your rollerset is beautiful and I just love those honey pics!
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
    Caleilani- I apply my products upside down to my hair in 4 sections. I apply about a 'red bean' (sorry couldn't think of anything else to compare it to :lol: )amount to each section. I always get some white specks when I use Fantasia IC but I have no problem with FOTE or Flaxseed gel. To tell you the truth the amount you add would depend on the thickness of your hair so this amount maybe too much or too little for you. My best advice would be to experiment with it.
    SmallFry,Curlilocs & Suburbanbushbabe thank you for your compliments. :D
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Beautiful, soft texture and color. Awesome length. But still I much prefer your Honey pictures (as I raved about in the drugstore conditioner thread) :D

same here. i LOVE the pic thats called honey5
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks so beautiful with the rollerset.

Rollersetting is actually not that hard. Just watch how they do it and learn. My mom would put curlers in my hair, but she'd get aggravated when I'd ask her too many times so one day when I was 14 I stood in front of the mirror and did it myself. Now I rollerset my hair once a week. Since my hair is half nappy LOL half straight I have to especially do this because otherwise it just looks odd.

So give it a try. If at 14 I could do it I'm sure you can too. You just need a hairdryer. Or maybe its just easy for me becuase I'm Dominican and its in my blood to do this LOL :lol:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    Thanks toosweet118.I tried applying a little bit and didn't get the white particles this time with her hair gel.I guess I was overconditioning her hair :oops:
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
    subbrock - Thanks. I looooove honey so much. It has drastically reduced my frizz. Last night there was a story in the news her in NY that whole hives of honey bees are dying and that there could be a honey shortage in the future, all I could think about was my hair and how I would live without honey :oops: I should have bee nfeeling sorry for the bees :lol:

mariag002 - Thanks to you too. I have tired the rollerset thing so many times, I even have a hard hat dryer that I almost never use. I can't do straight paths and forget about getting the rollers thight enough wit those silver clips. MY roots always end up frizzy!!! :evil: I usually take so long that the half of my head ends up drying before I even finish putting in rollers :lol: .... :oops: it is kinda sad really. Maybe one of these days I will muster the courage to try again. Thanks for the eoncouragement. :)

Caleilani- I am glad the Garnier Leave-in cream worked for you. :D
  • ~Curly~~Curly~ Banned Posts: 772Banned Users
    OOooooHHhhhh Very Nice :wink: how long is the whole process?
    "Relaxer free Since 2003"
    3C in constant search for something that works!

3C/4B(hairs that act 4b even if they technically aren't) no clue what i'm doing..:geek::hello2::afro:
    I will respond as I see fit. It should be about freedom to express our opinions, You're free to say what you like as should others. Get a Thicker Skin if no one can disagree with you without you feeling bullied and running to Admin Hellllllpppppp Meeee Adminnnnn Pleaseeee!!!! Smh
  • natashamcknatashamck Posts: 434Registered Users
    ... Call me crazy but I REALLY want to wet my hair, I miss having the water running down my scalp...

Well, then I must be crazy too... After about 48 hours after I straighten my hair I'm thinking of ways to "mess it up" just so I can wet it...

Your roller set looks great by the way :) I wish that I knew how to get the roots that straight...
    mostly coarse texture, normal porosity... I think?
    HG: Generic Matrix Biolage, KCCC, KCKT, CBSS WSHP
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    aww, the dominican blowout. My hair is similar to yours. I used to get blow-outs often. They did a fabulous job!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file