I miss my suave antifrizz gel

medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
A kind curly sent me her bottle as it didn't work for her and my hair is so much nicer today.
Anyone willing to buy up the suave smoothing antifrizz gel with aloe extract around them and charge me for them and ship them to me?
I"d be happy to return the favor if there is something local to me that ya'll need also
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.
http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!

Comments

• KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can! My Albertson's had a whole bunch of them last time I went for $1.56 a bottle. I can buy 'em up if you want them all. :D
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    OMG I just bought this very gel at Kmart. HA! They had a few left at $2.something...IF you want I could get some more for ya. I can ship anywhere, I have regular mail pickup at my shop. UPS FEDEX and DHL too. Whatever you like. Just gimme a shout :D
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    I just saw a single, lonely bottle of this at my local CVS. If it was still there, I could help you out too. I'll be my K-Mart has some still as well. They seem to have low turnover on hair products (the only version of the L'oreal OOB they had was the old one, and a ton of it).
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Thanks everyone that's so sweet! Boy ya'll are some happy to help curlies, I love it!
    I have 15 bottles either coming or already here so I think I'm set.
    I'll take all rejects though if you tried it and it doesn't work for you and already have it at home. I feel bad it didn't work for some and well I love it so I can certainly give them homes.

Thanks so much for the curlies that sent bottles to me and are sending soon. At least it will be a while before I have to find a replacement for my beloved gel!
    2c/3a?

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    medusahair wrote:
    Thanks everyone that's so sweet! Boy ya'll are some happy to help curlies, I love it!
    I have 15 bottles either coming or already here so I think I'm set.

LOL!! You're like me and my Pink Boots hoarding!! :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
    OH yeah just like that! I'm hoarding those old formula B2B peach pom too. It's still my daily conditioner.
    Oh hey maybe that's why they discontinue things, to send us into a buying frenzy
    2c/3a?

I used my Aloe gel today and this is the first good hair day I've had in days. I had been testing something new, and I've had frizz free days with spirals but man the top of my hair was so flat! I used my good combo and this gel and whew thank goodness my hair is happy again!

I swear it was all I could do not to just say send me any you find at any time for fear I'd never find another gel like this but I guess I should slap some cold water on my face and know that it's disc sooner or later I'll run out and 15 bottles is already a lot.......right?

Ah it's great to have a good hair day, I so love my gel
    2c/3a?

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Haha, you know I still check for it whenever I'm in the hair aisle, just out of habit. :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
    lushaholic wrote:
    Haha, you know I still check for it whenever I'm in the hair aisle, just out of habit. :lol:
    Me too. :oops:

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
    Hey I will NOT say no to more of my gel! I checked every place I came in sight of today. Figures nothing at any store, dollar general, kmart, walmart, none anywhere. I live in discontinue h3ll apparently.
    2c/3a?

• HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Posts: 907Registered Users
    I'm imagining you go through one bottle pretty fast, otherwise some of those 15 bottles might go bad before you got to use them (?). Although generally hair products can last a very long time, I've had some longer than I'd like to admit but of course, I haven't looked at them under a microscope. :lol:

I definitely understand the desolate feeling of losing a HG though. I'm still hanging on to my last bottle of Avalon Lavender, which I got along with several others probably 2 years ago, but I ran out of the Lustrasilk TTO Cholesterol treatment, my HG wash CO, last year and haven't yet found something that works quite as well as it did for me. A month ago I found the diluted version that comes in a bottle at a beauty supply and bought one (luckily), I was hoping maybe the company decided to bring it back or maybe had not changed the formula for the one in the bottle (yeah, right!) but when I used it smelled rather funky (instead of "minty") so, obviously, those were some old bottles they may have had in a warehouse somewhere. I took it back but couldn't find anything similar so I ended up getting a small Creme of Nature shampoo in exchange.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
    I would imagine Suave would last a while. Those drugstore brands pack their products pretty well with preservatives, don't they? Now "natural" type or health store products I wouldn't keep for more than a year or so.

Bailey yeah it will last a long time. I had some jessicurl conditioner for 2 years and it was fine so this should definitely be ok. I have some other gel I've had for 4 years. I know this because we moved into the house with it. I Only use it now and then for real super hold and it's fine.

I haven't had anything go bad except one thing sat in the shower at teh bottom of it and it's super humid here plus it's in the shower. Well that separated and went bad after 2 years. I don't know why I never threw it out I guess I thought it was a fixture by then or something :oops:
    2c/3a?

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    HalfWavyHalfCurly - is the Avalon Lavender something that was discontinued altogether or just in your area? I know the last time I went into the particular store that carries it, they were having some clearance stuff, and it seems some of the stuff was Avalon, but since I don't use it I didn't check it that well.

I'd be happy to snag you some.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
    I sure wish it was that way but what they really did was change the formula by adding the dreaded C-cone. I got like 5 bottles of the old one at a dollar store about 2 years ago (so if there's still any around I'd wonder how much longer it'd last!) but at one point gave one away because I was no longer getting consistently good results. In the past I was always able to use just that (no gel) and have frizz free curls with great definition and also get good 2nd-day hair but it appears my hair changed a lot after I lightened it, so even though I really appreciate your offer :D I'm not sure if at this point it's worth it. I've been thinking that maybe one of Nature's Gate's COs may just do it for me but I still have plenty of others to use up first before justifying another purchase...
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

• heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    Because of you Medusahair, I had to find this and buy it. I found it at a K-mart in New Mexico on a trip to visit family. I saw the K-mart and told DH to stop (no k-marts around here). So I went in and found it on clearence. I finally used it and really like it. I used no poo, then Ojon hydrating condish, then white boots, then suave antifrizz gel on top. As it dried I added more to the ends. Now that it is dry I can see why you like it so much. Nice hold, defined curls, not to crunchy. Thanks for raving about this too bad it is discontinued.
    I"m glad it worked for you too! I hope you stocked up!
    Yeah it sucks it's been discontinued. They need to cut it out.
    2c/3a?

I don't think I mentioned that I used AND liked the original Suave Naturals Aloe Vera Frizz Control Gel, in fact I still have almost 1/3 of a 13 oz. bottle but I think I added honey and jojoba oil to it... I did that because when I used it more than twice in a row it dried my hair a little bit, a complaint I heard other people had as well. But it performed wellance to dry the hair but it performed very well, i. I'd taken for granted that what was out there was the "new" formula so I never tried to buy it anymore but if it can still be found I may reconsider, it was a good "staple" to have around indeed.

So, Medusahair, if you're so kind, what's the difference in the list of ingredients so I can distinguish between the old and the new :?:

• linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    Has anyone found an acceptable substitute? I'm trying LA Looks strong hold gel (the blue one). It's OK, but I'm not wowed by it.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.
    I never used the old formula so I have no clue what the difference is. The formula I have is still listed on the suave site.

No I haven't found a good substitute. I did fine other gels that worked well but way differently. They either have protein in them, polyquats , too little hold or too much.
    I still have a few grocery store gels to go through to see how they work.
    I was looking for that Aussie gel, the one that replaced clear water. It's ingredients look promising.
    2c/3a?

Someone said the Dep Texturizing gel was comparable. It's the one in the orange bottle.

• KristaRoseKristaRose Posts: 546Registered Users
    I have a full bottle and one about 2/3 gone. You are more than welcome to both if you are still interested. Your hair is so beautiful that I really wanted to like this gel - but alas, it does NOT work for me.
    3B
    Growing out from a pixie cut. Long process but I'm getting there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file