Twist out help

Cara424Cara424 Posts: 3Registered Users
Just tried a twist out tonight and despite the videos that made it look easy, it was hard to get the hang of it. Once I finished a section it would unravel and my ends twisted down to nothing. I couldn't find my little rubber bands, so I stretched each section over my head and bobby pinned in place. I have a feeling the ends will look shabby. Any advice?

Comments

• SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 468Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Cara424 wrote: »
    Just tried a twist out tonight and despite the videos that made it look easy, it was hard to get the hang of it. Once I finished a section it would unravel and my ends twisted down to nothing. I couldn't find my little rubber bands, so I stretched each section over my head and bobby pinned in place. I have a feeling the ends will look shabby. Any advice?

Add a perm rod to your twists and it'll blend the ends. Google "types of perm rods" and you'll see a circular chart that explains which color rods work for different lengths of hair.

Sent from my LG-P769 using CurlTalk App
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Not Your Mother’s Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower & Mango Butter Conditioner
    Shampoo: NYM Naturals Tahitian Gardenia Flower Shampoo
    DC: Shea Moisture’s Raw Shea & Cupuacu, Fruit Fusion, Superfruit Complex or Manuka Honey lines
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers/Creams: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie or Camille Rose Naturals’ Sweet Buttercream (kids line)
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
    Scalp Treatment: Alikay Naturals Hair & Scalp Balm; Essential 17 Growth Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file