CurlTalk

What some transitioning hairstyles

trinitykdtrinitykd Posts: 4Registered Users
I have been transitioning for two months now and I just don't know what to do with my hair! I'm so tempted to just straighten my hair but I really don't want too. My new growth is 3b, I think. I have about three inches of new growth the ends are heat damaged. (I never had a relaxer, my damage is all from straighten my hair with out heat protectant). This is my hair when I got it cut into a bob.ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1373836313.096015.jpg
This my hair wet, now that I don't straighten it any more. ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1373836428.056943.jpg
The back of my hair is the only part that some what curls because most of the heat damage is off. ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1373836552.932331.jpg

Comments

• Kimley13Kimley13 Posts: 46Registered Users
    That is also my dilemma. I tried 2 two strand twists today but I had an issue with doing the flat twists. I've been transitioning for almost 4 months and I am not used to doing my own hair besides a ponytail. Since I havw new growth my ponytails no longer take me 15 seconds to do. I'm not giving up though. Something has to work and soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
  • trinitykdtrinitykd Posts: 4Registered Users
    I've tried braid outs, when I do the two strand twist my damaged hair doesn't cooperate, so I mostly wear buns.
  • SweetRellieSweetRellie Posts: 465Registered Users
    trinitykd wrote: »
    I have been transitioning for two months now and I just don't know what to do with my hair! I'm so tempted to just straighten my hair but I really don't want too. My new growth is 3b, I think. I have about three inches of new growth the ends are heat damaged. (I never had a relaxer, my damage is all from straighten my hair with out heat protectant). This is my hair when I got it cut into a bob.ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1373836313.096015.jpg
    This my hair wet, now that I don't straighten it any more. ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1373836428.056943.jpg
    The back of my hair is the only part that some what curls because most of the heat damage is off. ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1373836552.932331.jpg

I have been transitioning since August 2012 and so far Bantu Knot outs work best for me. They're really simple to do, just 2 strand twist and wrap them around each other, secure w/bobby pins if your hair unravels easily. The back of my hair is just like yours as I have more damaged ends in the front and sides of my head. As far as braid/twist outs go, I learned that u have to put perm rods at the ends of your twists/braids to curl the relaxed/straight ends with your new growth. YouTube is the truth for finding tutorials and new styles!!

Sent from my LG-P769 using CurlTalk App
    Thick, highly porous but protein sensitive 4a hair
    Modified Curly Girl Method

Current Staples
    Cowash/Rinse-Out: Tresemme' Flawless Curls Conditioner
    Shampoo: Maui Moisture's Curl Quench Shampoo
    DC: Eden Bodyworks Jojoba Monoi DC/Maui Moisture's Rich Honey Hair Mask
    Leave-In: Maui Moisture's Curl Milk or Shea Butter Hair Mask
    Stylers: Maui Moisture's Curl Smoothie
    Sealants: Maui Moisture's Coconut Milk Weightless Oil Mist
  • trinitykdtrinitykd Posts: 4Registered Users
    Okay thanks! I will try the Bantu knot