Glucose Test Today

picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
I'm really nervous I so don't want to have GD. Mainly because my mom well do the whole "I told you so bit" She's always on to me about watching my surgar intake my dad and his dad both have type 2 so she's worried about me. Anyway wish me luck and I'll let y'all know what happens

Comments

• deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ** BOTTOMS UP ** ;) ;) sending you good vibes!!

Good Luck!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Good luck!!

My mother is a severe diabetic (odd combo of type 1 and type 2 - don't ask!). I had to have the 4 hour test and then I had to listen to her harp for 2 weeks until the final tests came back. Everything turned out fine.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Good luck, Pickles!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have a very strong family history of diabetes...my little brother is a type 1, my sister had gestational diabetes twice and then became insulin-dependent type 2 when she was 30. My mother is also insulin-dependent type 2, and I have an aunt with type 1, and a grandfather with type 2. So, my care providers always said I would probably have gestational diabetes too, especially since I had 2 children over the age of 35. But, so far (knocking on head), I haven't had any blood sugar problems at all.

Good luck with your test. BTW, tell your mother eating sugar doesn't give you diabetes.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    good luck!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    I PASSED!!!!! Barely but I passed the cut off was 139 and I was at 131. I think my mom just wants me to get in the routine of watching it now so it's not so hard if I end up with it down the road. Although I keep telling her I'm going to enjoy my sweet tea while I can. Anyway they just told me to kind of keep an eye on the things I eat she said something about it might make me feel funny if it gets high. So anyway thanks for all the positive thoughts yesterday :D
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    So, I have mine coming up adn I was wondering how bad the drink is??? I mean, am I gonna puke it all up or is it drinkable?? What does it taste like??
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    YAY pickles!!!! :lol:
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    That's very good news, Pickles.

Shelli--That orange drinks tastes like Fanta or a poor man's Sunkist. I liked it. But that could be because I was starving by the time I took the test.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    The orange doesn't taste that bad it's just really really sweet it taste like a flat orange soda that has extra sweetner or sugar added to it. Just make sure you eat a little something before you drink it they told me to eat normally because they've had women who didn't eat through it up. It's really not that bad and then all they do is poke your finger to get the blood. My Dr.'s office gave me a choice between lemon lime and the orange I always pick orange but the lemmon lime might not be to bad either
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    medussa wrote:
    That's very good news, Pickles.

Shelli--That orange drinks tastes like Fanta or a poor man's Sunkist. I liked it. But that could be because I was starving by the time I took the test.

:lol: Ya, people freaked me out about it too. I actually thought it was kinda good.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    im excited to taste the sweet sugary goodness! i take it at my next appoinment.

**can you tell im a former junk food addict??*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file