CurlTalk

How long do I use a transitioning shampoo

kassidykassidy Posts: 26Registered Users
Hi, I'm 17 and I've been using the Shea moisture transitioning kit for about 2 months now and have not used heat in my hair for 6 months. My kits just ran out so should I keep using it or just buy a shampoo and conditioner that's curly friendly? I have yet to get my hair cut :( because the nearest CG salon is an hour away and I want to get a deva cut! I'm still new to loving my curls because I had been doing relaxers and keratin for like 3-4 years. Thankfully the last time I did it was Exactly one year ago! Anyways if I should still use the transitioning kit then for how long. If I should use just curly shampoo and cond then what would you recommend. Please something supermarket or drugstore, my Target and Sallys has lots of brands! And I need it quick :/ I think I have a mix of 3a and 3b. I was looking at the organixs line, should I try them?

Comments

• SmilingElephantSmilingElephant Posts: 666Registered Users
    Well...if the products are working for your hair....why switch? And congrats on your transition btw!:D

I use the Shea Moisture Retention shampoo and love it! Im not transitioning tho. I also like their Curl Enhancing Smoothie as a moisturizer/leave in. I use EcoStyler as my styler.

For co washing i like to use V05 or Suave naturals conditioner....well...i really love V05. All these products i buy at the store.:) HTH

Sent from my LG-LG730 using CurlTalk App
    2yrs 7 months post relaxer/2 years and 11 months natural

Cleanse: SM Moisture Retention or Suave Naturals shampoos
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals, L'Oreal EverCreme or EverCurl
    RO/Detangler: Tresseme Naturals:nemo:, GVPCB
    Leave-In: SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, TN, GVPCB
    Styler: EcoStyler, GF Pure Clean gel, KCCC

Just discovering my hair likes protein! :dontknow:

:wav:
  • trinitykdtrinitykd Posts: 4Registered Users
    I use the Shea Moisture Retention shampoo and conditioner, I love it! I am also transitioning but I'm have never had a relaxer (perm) before, I have a lot of heat damage from straightening my hair a lot. Two months ago I cut my hair hair into a bob, that was the last time my hair was straightened. I feel like the Shea Moisture Transtioning Kit is very helpful and you should not switch products if you like how it makes your hair feel and look!