CurlTalk

Need sulfates to remove alcohols?

nicki.hallennicki.hallen Posts: 14Registered Users
So i've found my best results with my too-moist, protein craving fine/thin/cant hold weight hair comes from little to no product (mousse or gel), diffuse drying and a tiny bit of aerosol hairspray (with alcohol, no cones). Now, i know this isn't CG method, and probably isn't the best for my hair, but will my low poo remove the alcohols? I figure i can always up the conditioning if i feel overly dry.

Currently, i'm using yes to cucumbers shampoo/condish or loreal evercurl poo/condish.

Comments

• Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    The alcohols in hairspray aren't considered non-CG because they build up. They're considered non-CG because they can be drying to the hair. No special cleansing is needed because alcohol denat (the big no-no in hairspray) evaporates off of the hair as it dries. As long as your hair doesn't start to feel dry, go ahead and use the hairspray (just to note, even DevaCurl's own hairspray contains alcohol denat as the first ingredient).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • nicki.hallennicki.hallen Posts: 14Registered Users
    Yay! Thanks for clearing that up! It's really the product that works best for me.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,193Registered Users
    Yay! Thanks for clearing that up! It's really the product that works best for me.

In the end, that's what it comes down to. CG, non-CG, labels ultimately aren't important as long as you love how your hair looks and feels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel