isn't feeling the baby move the COOLEST thing?

AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
I've been feeling him off and on for at least a couple of weeks now, but today he REALLY picked up the pace and he is flipping all over like a little fish! It's so weird, and so exciting, and so miraculous!
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

Comments

• shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    Very much so. I love to lay in bed at night and feel him wiggling around! I went and saw the Beach Boys perform a few weeks ago and during their concert, he was JAMMING out!!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :D 8)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    oh I know it's so cool. I remember with max I was laying on the couch after work one night and had the remote on my belly when all the sudden he gave me a good kick hard enough to knock the remote onto the floor. The only time I really don't like to feel him move is when I have to pee or when he decided that my bladder would make the perfect soccer ball and then it's like oh I have to pee,no I'm ok no I have to pee. That's great fun :lol:
  • DayzieDayzie Posts: 233Registered Users
    Yes! That is my favorite part of being pregnant. My little guy has just started going nuts in there the last couple of days. So fun!
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

"There is so much good in the worst of us and so much bad in the best of us, it hardly behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm always fascinated by watching my belly jump and move. Especially if I have a tight shirt on, when he starts moving around, I can see my stomach roll around!

Some nights he'll roll around so much - it remind me of when your stomach flips on a roller coaster or something. That's what you miss most after you have the baby. Not feeling it move around inside you anymore.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awwwww...I remember that vividly. I missed the feeling of baby movement profoundly each time after I delivered.

Funny, I still feel the sensation sometimes, and I haven't had a baby in 6 years. If I have a gas bubble, it will feel just like it. My mother says she still feels it sometimes too...and her last baby is 40!

I also still get a letdown sensation in my breasts when I hear a baby cry. That tingle...good thing nothing really comes out!
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    It feels like a little fish jumping around in there, and then I get the sensation my stomach gets in an elevator that drops suddenly. Baby LOVES jazz trumpet and reacts to that! So we have the next Wynton Marsalis in here perhaps!

The books and websites and my doctor all kept saying I would feel fluttering first, but I never felt that.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    I've been feeling him off and on for at least a couple of weeks now, but today he REALLY picked up the pace and he is flipping all over like a little fish! It's so weird, and so exciting, and so miraculous!

So you're having a boy, or is it just a hunch?
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote:
    It feels like a little fish jumping around in there, and then I get the sensation my stomach gets in an elevator that drops suddenly. Baby LOVES jazz trumpet and reacts to that! So we have the next Wynton Marsalis in here perhaps!

The books and websites and my doctor all kept saying I would feel fluttering first, but I never felt that.

Heee! I got one of my first definitive thumps while listening to Glen Miller (who I think is pretty square). I can't tell if the baby liked it or wanted me to listen to something else! I haven't gotten a reaction to my cello playing yet, though. I'm waiting! :D
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
    Awwwww...I remember that vividly. I missed the feeling of baby movement profoundly each time after I delivered.

I still feel theFunny, sensation sometimes, and I haven't had a baby in 6 years. If I have a gas bubble, it will feel just like it. My mother says she still feels it sometimes too...and her last baby is 40!

I also still get a letdown sensation in my breasts when I hear a baby cry. That tingle...good thing nothing really comes out!

Yes I'm not crazy. I felt it off and on after I had Max to. I was talking to a friend of mine who also felt them. We related it to people getting their leg cut off but can still feel it.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    How exciting, Amneris! By the way, you are calling baby "he"--have you found out the sex?
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
    fuzzbucket wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

Heee! I got one of my first definitive thumps while listening to Glen Miller (who I think is pretty square). I can't tell if the baby liked it or wanted me to listen to something else! I haven't gotten a reaction to my cello playing yet, though. I'm waiting! :D

Oh, he has also reacted to my singing. So far he likes La Boheme and Swing Low Sweet Chariot.

.png

534Pm5.png

Iris and Sigi, we're not finding out the gender so we don't know anything - I guess I just feel he is a boy and I keep saying "he" even when I don't mean to - and now my husband is saying "he" too. It's kind of weird that I feel that way - I always wanted a girl first, but now I can't even imagine that I have one (who knows, maybe I do.)

.png

534Pm5.png

• Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I always felt those phantom baby movements well after baby was born. It's like little muscles twitches or something. Reminds me of those first movements - certainly not the ones closer to delivery!

• loosecurlsloosecurls Posts: 637Registered Users
    We did the "he" thing too only to discover at 21 wks "he" was a SHE!

Bets loved Bobby McFerrin & the Nutcracker. To this day she goes mental whenever we play it.

I loved feeling her move, especially at the end when she'd roll over or move her feet/hands & you could see them moving under my skin. It was the most amazing sensation!
    Slinky's rule for NC.com:

I suppose I can't judge you because you married a serviceman and it is wartime. Boo hoo. You must be loney sitting at home with nothing else to do but pick on people. Why don't you go masterbate again?
    I do have to say, that I hate that feeling when they're kicking around your organs inside. It's almost a sick to your stomach, yuck feeling. Then they position themselves weird and it's totally uncomfortable.

Right now I happen to get a foot or something that jabs into my side when I try to sleep.

Just wanted to point out that it's not always that miracle of life, blissfull feeling. :lol:

babywavy wrote:
    I do have to say, that I hate that feeling when they're kicking around your organs inside. It's almost a sick to your stomach, yuck feeling. Then they position themselves weird and it's totally uncomfortable.

Right now I happen to get a foot or something that jabs into my side when I try to sleep.

Just wanted to point out that it's not always that miracle of life, blissfull feeling. :lol:

Oh I completely understand the only thing this one has done is beat the crap (or pee rather :wink: ) out of my bladder it like I have to be no I don't yes I do no I don't for like 20 minutes. However with Max there was like a week where I had a foot in my ribs I would sit there and push on it to try to get him to move but it would always go right back to the same spot, it hurt so bad I was so happy when he finally moved it
    babywavy wrote:

Oh I completely understand the only thing this one has done is beat the crap (or pee rather :wink: ) out of my bladder it like I have to be no I don't yes I do no I don't for like 20 minutes. However with Max there was like a week where I had a foot in my ribs I would sit there and push on it to try to get him to move but it would always go right back to the same spot, it hurt so bad I was so happy when he finally moved it

This one is doing the SAME THING. He is totally sitting on my bladder, and it's killing me. The other day at the store I instantly stopped walking b/c it was painful, and I thought I was going to pee right there. :lol:

B did the same thing w/ the one foot in the rib thing. I have such a short midsection, that my babies always sit diagnally. B would always have a foot up in my rib, and her head would dig into one of my hips. It was horrible.

This one is sitting much differently, but he gets himself in the weirdest, most uncomfortable positions.

I don't remember at what point I felt like this in my first pregnancy, but I just keep saying - for still having 2 and 1/2 months left, I am amazingly uncomfortable. :evil:

• three rivers curlythree rivers curly Posts: 994Registered Users
    Anna used to stretch - her arms straight up and her legs straight down. Ouch! :lol: It was so cute after she was born - she would do the same stretch and get the cutest little expression on her face. I love my baby.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • DayzieDayzie Posts: 233Registered Users

I still feel theFunny, sensation sometimes, and I haven't had a baby in 6 years. If I have a gas bubble, it will feel just like it. My mother says she still feels it sometimes too...and her last baby is 40!

Yes I'm not crazy. I felt it off and on after I had Max to. I was talking to a friend of mine who also felt them. We related it to people getting their leg cut off but can still feel it.

Same thing happens to me too!
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

"There is so much good in the worst of us and so much bad in the best of us, it hardly behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    When I was pregnant, he used to get the hiccups all the time. That is a funny sensation!
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file