How to make middle of hair grow?

taylor721taylor721 Posts: 1Registered Users
I've been going natural for about a year & 6 months now. In April I noticed that the middle of my hair was extremely short, & it was a weird texture. When I try and straighten the middle it would never get silky straight like the rest it would be kind of hard. I wear a lot of ponytails because I never know what to do with my hair. Any suggestions on how I can grow my hair out?

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What do you mean by middle, the crown? Some people just have different textures of hair on different parts of the head, regular ponytailing and straightening are damaging so it might be breaking off.

Be kind to your hair and let it have it's natural curly texture, plenty of conditioning, don't use protein on that section if it is coarse.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file