Barber shop experience

PortaePortae Registered Users Posts: 337
Hello ladies,
I just wanted to share my latest haircutting experience with you. Since I first went short, I have been going to a great female stylist. Well, lately I have been wanting to find a place closer to my home. The other day I saw a lady with hair similar to mine and an awesome cut. She informed me that she got it cut at a barber shop and gave me her barber's info.

Now, I've never had my cut by a barber before, so I was just a tad nervous. But, I was happy to find out that this barber works a lot on afros (as opposed to a barber who mainly does crew cuts). He used clippers instead of scissors, which I didn't think I would like. But the cut, the shape, everything came out wonderful. I also liked the atmosphere. It is an old, historic barbershop and there was a great vibe – old photos on the walls, friendly elderly barbers, little kids stopping by on their way from school to say "hi."

I've posted a few pictures in my fotki. All in all, i have to say that I greatly enjoyed my first experience at a barbershop!
~Break the Chains of Your Mind and Your Body will Follow~

3b/3c/4a
http://public.fotki.com/Portae99/
http://photos.yahoo.com/Portae_99

Comments

• imlaimla Registered Users Posts: 163
    Beautiful twa. It looks good on ya. Barber did a good job.
    Hair Type: 4a/b dense, fine, coily hair. Natural 13 years.

Staples: Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil S & C, aloe vera, almond oil mix, black soap shampoo and bentonite clay.
  • keepitmovin2.0keepitmovin2.0 Registered Users Posts: 653
    Gorgeous as usual portae :)

Glad you had a good experience with the barber! The barber is usually cheaper too.
    Currently using:

Poo: CON Sulfate Free poo
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave-in: CJAOO Daily Cond
    Styler: KCCC sparingly and Ampro Olive Oil Gel where needed
    DT: KBB Lucious Locks Mask + EVOO/Avocado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file