CurlTalk

Shallow guilty pleasures

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Mine are jewelry and watches - all much too expensive but I drool over them. I love:

Ebel wave watch

Temple St. Clair

John Hardy (I like the dragons even though they aren't "me" - but I get a kick out of them.) I might eventually buy a tiny cute dragon pendant.... somewhere in me there is a fearsome entity that breathes fire!

Lagos

What are your shallow guilty pleasures?
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 491Registered Users
    Shoes. I went for years with trouble finding shoes that would fit because be feet are small but WIDE. Now that I have discovered shoe stretchers I can buy almost any shoes I see. So I've gone shoe crazy!!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,495Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    wearing dark glasses and gazing longingly at gorgeous, completely unattainable men!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Shoes, clothes and of course makeup.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    All of the above :) Minus a few. I like watches but I have broken every single watch I have ever owned.

Clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup, and entertainment (movies/shows/games) are my pleasures. Though 1 & 2 are necessary unless one lives in a nudist colony.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,486Registered Users
    I'm really not a shopper, although it's more fun now that I'm more fit. I tend to gravitate towards things like handbags, earrings....you know, accessories :)
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    I love clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry like most women BUT my guilty pleasure is having a pedicure done by a man. I go in 2xs per month. :tongue10:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have several but my most recent is good tea. i love coffee and tea but I have to drink both cold. Well, I literally have to drink coffee cold (or I get very jittery) but I guess I just strongly prefer to drink tea cold.

So there is this place near my job, Zen Cha Tea Salon, and a cup of tea costs $5-$7. But I love it!!!!! They have about 50 different types, most of which is available cold, too. Black, green, white, red, decaf, chai, everything.

I am so addicted to this but it is so expensive and frivolous. Yesterday I had a South American mate peppermint tea and the day before, A Morrocan green tea w/ mint and cardamom...and an awesome ginger beef salad. Yes, they have great food, too.

But other frivolous things I enjoy are scented bath salts (not the drugs, the actual bath salts LOL), really good quality, oversize leather handbags, Starbucks, Porterhouse steaks, beautiful/artsy stationary, fashion magazines (even in languages I don't understand), Agatha Christie mysteries, hoop earrings and good quality/specialty chocolate.

• thecurlymermaidthecurlymermaid Posts: 7Registered Users
    Makeup.

A lot of my weekly paycheck goes towards high end makeup brands
    CG for 3 years~!

2B/C, porous + colour treated, medium texture, normal elasticity, high density.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Shoes. I have too many. I don't wear them, but I love them and keep buying them.

Coach leather purses. I buy them on Ebay to avoid feeling so guilty, but I still LOVE them.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users
    Makeup, specifically eyeshadow palettes and lipstick/gloss. I've had a weakness for at least 30 years.

I also have a weakness for Hello Kitty. I buy little HK tchotchkes like iphone cases, key rings, and little figurines. I don't think I'd ever get anything obnoxious like a purse or outfit. It's mainly stuff that is inexpensive, unobtrusive and doesn't scream "UNPROFESSIONAL WEIRDO" at work.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    stuff for my dog

really, it's ridiculous the amount of beds, toys, etc he has

i used to be bad about make up but this year really scaled back (and still have SO much I need to finish up)
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,132Registered Users
    Books. I have to give myself a talk before going into a bookstore. I feel less guilty online because the books are usually much cheaper. At one time, I had more books than clothes.

I also love quality, high end chocolates, cupcakes, ice cream and coffee. They taste better and I appreciate businesses putting more effort into packaging.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Makeup. Six months ago I hardly used any, but lately I've been hooked. And beauty blogs or vlogs. I was never into beauty magazines, but seeing actual people, not models, do their make up and give their honest reviews on products made the whole thing seem more accessible to me. Plus I discovered the Brazilian sephora website. It will be my downfall.
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,289Registered Users
    Sunglasses, nice ones. Every couple of years my husband and I will get new pairs.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
    Brazilian Sephora?

What do I need to know about this "Brazilian Sephora"?

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,220Registered Users
    The usual, of course: cross-body bags and shoes (this year I have a thing for flatforms), but also (and strangely) makeup brushes. I don't even use one of them, but it was just so darned cool (ergonomic design!) that I bought it anyway.

Pens. Socks. Rugs. Blue plates. Pictures of dogs/dog art. Sheets.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    I have to add small kitchen gadgets. Many I never use but I have them. I can't resist if I'm in a kitchen store. I can go crazy!
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Office supplies. I love them. I will BUY ALL THE PENS.

• curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eeeekkk! I want all of the above - I love all your guilty pleasures. I forgot about all my other guilty pleasures since I have been so focused these days on jewelry, but yes - purses drive me wild.

I read forever on the purse forum and try on 20 or 30 before I buy one, then I return it and get another, then I return it.... buy another - dept. stores are my downfall because I can always return and start again. It's an addiction - like a crack fix.

And makeup - don't get me started. The only item I have more of than makeup is curl potions.

But Curlyminx, I will gladly give you all my pens. Couldn't care less. Hate office supplies. I'm an Exec. Assistant and erstwhile secretary. Unapologetic. :love5:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    All take them ALL!!!

I have this stapler that I swoon over. It staples wonderfully. So smooth.

Yeah. Its sick.

:sign5: Minxy - a stapler? A stapler??? You are too funny.

You need help. You are seriously deranged.
  • B-wavyB-wavy Posts: 1,733Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I, too, am a pen hoarder. I've been known to drool over other office supplies as well. (minxy, have you seen Office Space? with the red stapler? hee) It's possible I may have a few small items that found their way into my desk here at home from previous office jobs. And my guilty pleasure is going to be purchasing a *real* fountain pen for myself. I've wanted one FOREVER.
    You two need an intervention.

But I love it!!!:love4: Yea for guilty pleasures!!!
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,495Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i like mine best!!!

it doesn't cost a thing!!!

:D
    My blog:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Flabellatestarossa.blogspot.ca%2F" class="Popup

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    I keep thinking about this thread.

Yoga clothes. I don't have many, but will spend the money on pants or a top. If asked to pay the same amount for something I'd wear to work, I'd never do it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    Brazilian Sephora?

What do I need to know about this "Brazilian Sephora"?

I just meant the Sephora website for Brazil. Like amazon.co.uk is the Amazon website for the UK.

If you're in the US, all you need to know is how lucky you are, cause makeup here is crazy expensive. For reference, a mac lipstick costs about 40 USD down here.
  • PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    Body potions (soaps, creams, lotions, scrubs, etc)
    Nail polish
    Iced coffees and lattes
    3c/4a
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,289Registered Users
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    All take them ALL!!!

I have this stapler that I swoon over. It staples wonderfully. So smooth.

Yeah. Its sick.

Oh god, please please tell me what kind it is, pictures would be helpful. DO YOU PEOPLE NOT REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT A GOOD STAPLER IS????"?

Sincerely,
    your fellow freak (for me it is more sharpies & highlighters - MUST have all the colors!)
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III