WiregirlWiregirl Posts: 1,695Registered Users

Comments

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users
    very sad.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    Very sad...RIP...:angel5:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,270Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oh man :( didn't he lose his wife that way too? Oh man:(
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    So sad. So young.

It makes what Angelina jolie did seem so much more reasonable.

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    Damn, I think his wife died of the same thing. I didn't know he had a daughter that age.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,660Registered Users
    I think this was his 1st wife and the daughter was from a previous marriage. Pierce adopted her.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,486Registered Users
    From what I read, his 1st wife died of the same type of cancer. When they were married, he adopted her 2 children from a previous marriage after their father died. This woman was one of those two children. They then had another child together. After she died, he remarried and went on to have two more children with that wife, who is his current wife.

Very sad :(

sent from my phone :)
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,675Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    How awful to watch your wife go through that and then your daughter. Heartbreaking.
    3b in South Australia.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I certainly lift the family in prayer. Especially her daughter who will grow up in fear of this genetic pall on their family.
  • rmc2rmc2 Posts: 349Registered Users
    She might need to consider doing like Angelina Jolie who had a masectomy, remove the ovaries.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    I love Pierce and I always thought he seemed like a really good man devoted to his family. People linked their article about his first wife's death Love and Remembrance - Death, Personal Tragedy, Cancer, Coping and Overcoming Illness, Pierce Brosnan : People.com and I was sitting there crying reading it. How incredibly heartbreaking for all of them.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    rmc2 wrote: »
    She might need to consider doing like Angelina Jolie who had a masectomy, remove the ovaries.

Too late...she's already dead.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I think she means the daughter of Pierce Brosnan's daughter.

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users

I think rmc2 is referring to Charlotte's daughter, who is 14.

This is so sad. I hate to hear stories like this, regardless of whether the person is famous or not.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »

I think rmc2 is referring to Charlotte's daughter, who is 14.

This is so sad. I hate to hear stories like this, regardless of whether the person is famous or not.

Ah...I see that now. My apologies for not reading properly.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    I certainly lift the family in prayer. Especially her daughter who will grow up in fear of this genetic pall on their family.

My goodness - three generations of women in that family have died of ovarian cancer. Surely something, besides an oopherectomy can help young Isabella. Her dad and granddad have to be freaked.