CurlTalk

Wavy Whirly new to the forum

NoMorePerfectNoMorePerfect Posts: 14Registered Users
Hi all,

I'm a 2C here and have yet to read the Curly Girl book (will buy this Friday). I recently chopped my hair a little shorter than I wanted - midway between shoulders and chin - but that was mostly because I had no idea how to take care of my hair. It is a frizzy, crazy mess. I need to get the book and figure out the best way to style it and more importantly, the best way to care for it and what specific products I need to use for it.

Glad to be here!
2C, Normal porosity, medium texture, medium length

Trying to grow hair out for my sister's wedding in June, 2014

Started the CG way - using the Live Free, Live Curly eBook as my guide - July 6, 2013

Yes to Carrots as co-wash, condition, and leave in

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel

Cannot wait to try out TJ TTT shampoo and conditioner as soon as I can make a drive to TJ

eao3wz9qn.png

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Welcome! Check out the stickies on this board and the general haircare board, lots of information there to get your started. A key thing is to identify your hair properties and dew points/ humidity.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • NoMorePerfectNoMorePerfect Posts: 14Registered Users
    I'll be sure to read the stickies and all the FAQ. It is a bit overwhelming but I imagine I'll get the hang of it sooner or later.
    2C, Normal porosity, medium texture, medium length

Trying to grow hair out for my sister's wedding in June, 2014

Started the CG way - using the Live Free, Live Curly eBook as my guide - July 6, 2013

Yes to Carrots as co-wash, condition, and leave in

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted gel

Cannot wait to try out TJ TTT shampoo and conditioner as soon as I can make a drive to TJ

eao3wz9qn.png