CurlTalk

Styling/curl creams?

kaykrekaykre Posts: 314Registered Users
I'm looking for sort of a standalone product that I can use and just air dry with no (or very little crunch). In my previous thread (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/159828-do-you-have-quick-routine.html) some people suggested conditioner or leave in. However I think I need some hold... Like maybe light or medium. Conditioner or leave in only didn't give my hair enough "heft" and because its fine it kind of flew everywhere if there was a breeze.

So I'm thinking of maybe a styling cream or a curl cream? Ay recs? I'm looking at the deva one. I'm also wondering if something thick and balmy (rather than thin and lotiony) would be better so it gives my hair some heft and weight,
2A/B. Mix of fine, medium, and coarse (mostly medium). Dense. Mix of normal and high porosity.
Dry climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    Try Jane Carter's curl cream. It stops shrinkage. Love it.
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    CJ coffee coco curl cream or the light version. On the CJ website, it recommends the regular one for high porosity hair. I have the Light that I got in a trade and use it instead of a LI. I like it! But it may not be heavy enough for you.
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • kaykrekaykre Posts: 314Registered Users
    Ty both! The cj coco curl cream.... Does it have a little hold?
    2A/B. Mix of fine, medium, and coarse (mostly medium). Dense. Mix of normal and high porosity.
    Dry climate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    kaykre wrote: »
    Ty both! The cj coco curl cream.... Does it have a little hold?

The CCCCL has a light hold for me.
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    Devacurl creme is not lotiony, and it is more thick, but goes on smooth and almost instantly absorbs into your hair. for a quick routine, if applied right and left to dry right, this can produce large and voluminous soft curls, that have moveability and a great feel to them, they also aren't set in place, they can be played with and moved about
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
    I've never used the ccccl right after the shower, and I've only ever used it on second day refreshing, and it works great
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    i like deva curls volumizing foam. it will add some hold, and add heft. to me, it pumps like foam, but when worked into my hands, i always think it looks like a foamy creme, not like a mousse at all. it pumps bubbly and then works in a foamy creme.
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    I forgot to mention that you can also mix gel and an LI in your hand and then apply and go. That may give you more hold but still be just as easy peasy.

I'm wondering if by "not enough heft" that means you may need more protein. I have fine hair also that is eating protein like crazy, and i'm normal-low porosity. Protein definitely adds some "heft." If you're truly high porosity as well you probably should be doing weekly PTs (some even do them 2x a week) and adding lots of products w/ protein. Look for a curl cream/LI with protein!

Also, though I haven't tried the joico k-pak I hear that it is not as heavy on the protein as other PTs. Try Iagirl's gelatin PT! It's very cheap and easy to make!
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646