CurlTalk

maybe add a notification when someone mentions your nickname?

NelekeNeleke Posts: 456Registered Users
Hi,

I'm thinking about a suggestion to improve the website (I already love it though, but there's still something I miss in Curltalk).

When I read some topics, people react on each other and sometimes want to ask something to a person that just reacted.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to get a notification if someone mentions your nickname?
(I'm referring to something like Facebook has, where when you type someone's name it highlights the name in blue and the person gets a notification that his/her name is mentioned).

Would that be possible here as well?
2c: fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity, normal-high density
CG since March 8th 2013
Low Poo: Rainforest Radiance shampoo
Conditioner: Yes to Cucumbers
Styler: BRHG, Garnier Fructis Gel
PT: Gliss Kur Repair & Volume

iherb.com: get a 5$ discount on orders under 40$ or a 10$ discount on orders over 40$ when you order for your first order by using the following discount code: CFH441

Comments

• SamanthascurlzSamanthascurlz Posts: 1,082Registered Users
    I second this! I think it would be great if one individual is specifically mentioned.
    CG, High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Medium Elasticity
    Suave, V05, GF Go clean gel, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
    [URL="[url=http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/samanthascurlz-albums-evolvement-my-hair.html]Curls[/url]"][/url]Curls
  • bobbybobby Posts: 669Registered Users
    I third this. It's hard to know when someone mentions your nickname.
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Moderators
    Neleke wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking about a suggestion to improve the website (I already love it though, but there's still something I miss in Curltalk).

When I read some topics, people react on each other and sometimes want to ask something to a person that just reacted.
    Wouldn't it be nice to be able to get a notification if someone mentions your nickname?
    (I'm referring to something like Facebook has, where when you type someone's name it highlights the name in blue and the person gets a notification that his/her name is mentioned).

Would that be possible here as well?

OoooOoo! That's a really good idea! CurlTalk is powered by forum software called vBulletin, so I will look to see if this is a feature they offer.
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | evelyn@naturallycurly.com | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl
  • atx_eveatx_eve Posts: 278Moderators
    So I did some quick research just now and that option is available as a separate plug-in, so I will ask the tech team if/how we should go about doing that without disrupting the current flow or user experience.
    :hiding: NaturallyCurly.com Social Media + Community Manager | evelyn@naturallycurly.com | Happy To Be Nappy | Kenyan With The Slowest Mile Time | Magical Black Girl

Leave a Comment