Heartburn in pregnancy=hairy baby

iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
Interesting--a study found that heartburn in pregnancy is associated with having a hairy newborn. An "old wives' tale" is right. I always thought those old wives didn't get enough credit :)

Here's the article
3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A

Comments

• deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    cool article... but didn't happen with me!! I had horrible heartburn with Liam and he was born bald.. and still is!!

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    deedles, I love that new picture of Liam in your sig--what a happy, healthy baby! I think bald babies are adorable, by the way :)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    didn't have heartburn with my first, and he was born with a head fill of beautiful wavy hair that turned into lush, curly locs.

i had terrible heartburn with my second. i would wake up in the middle of the night and pop 3-5 tums! my second baby was born with a head full of thick, wavy hair that is still pretty much wavy and long, with curls near the ends.

and neither of them lost any of their hair post partum; it just kept on growing! :P
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    deedles wrote:
    cool article... but didn't happen with me!! I had horrible heartburn with Liam and he was born bald.. and still is!!

~d
    Ha, me too. Zora still has hardly any hair!
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I had heartburn with the last two, but all three had full heads of hair.
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    iris427 wrote:
    deedles, I love that new picture of Liam in your sig--what a happy, healthy baby! I think bald babies are adorable, by the way :)

AWWW thanks!!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I must be gonna have a baby gorrilla then!
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    I certainly do not recall having any hearburn and DS was born with a tonne of hair. My friend's DD will be two in April and he has more hair than she does.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    shelli wrote:
    I must be gonna have a baby gorrilla then!

:lol:

Of course this is not something automatic--if you (general you) have heartburn it doesn't automatically mean a hairy baby for every woman, or a bald baby if you are heartburn free. But I thought it was interesting that there is a correlation in the larger population, because who would guess that the two could be related?
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    It was true for me I was popping tumms like candy and had a baby with tons of black hair that fell out in a few months and came in blonde and now is getting darker again. I'm thinking this one is going to be a baldy becuase though i have heartburn from time to time it's not nearly as bad as it was the first time.
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have horrible, horrible heartburn, constantly. I'm naseous it's so bad - sometimes I can't even sleep.

3 - 5 tums is not a lot for me since I eat AT LEAST that many DAILY. I'm so sick of tums, the taste of them makes me want to vomit. For B I went through 2 of the big bottles, and I'm on my way to that with this one too. Yes, she had a full head of hair, but I'm so short waisted that I think everything is totally pushed up there, and may give me heartburn no matter what.

But I go for those old wives tales. Of course they're not a garuantee, but they're cool.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never had heartburn at all, and all my babies were born with full heads of dark hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file