CurlTalk

Low Poo Suggestions?

I am thinking of going Low Poo instead of No Poo. I have been using Deva No Poo but thing my hair might be getting over conditioned. What are your favorite Low Poos?

Comments

• MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SM Moisture retention, and Cocnut hibiscus; Yes to Cucumbers. I hated their no poo.
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,332Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SM Moisture retention, and Cocnut hibiscus; Yes to Cucumbers. I hated Deva's no poo.
  • KiraSavannahKiraSavannah Posts: 423Registered Users
    I agree^^

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
    CG/LOC Method's 3b/3c hair SL-Curly/ Goal-MBL Curly:)
    Weekly Poo/Low Poo: some Shea M Poo.
    Weekly Deep Treat-Dermorganic Intensive Hair Masque
    Bi-Weekly RO:Tresseme Naturals - V.Smooth/N.Moisture
    Daily Leave in:Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler
    Daily Oil: Olive Oil & Conut Oil Mix
    Daily Styler: Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk
  • RustinaRustina Posts: 894Registered Users
    My absolute favorite is Curl Junkie's Gentle Cleansing Shampoo. I've used shampoos from Shea Moisture, Kinky Curly, and Jessicurl, and for me, CJ beats them all.
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users
    I like the nice & curly shampoo/conditioner/detangle. It smells good too.
  • udoknowjacudoknowjac Posts: 243Registered Users
    Rustina I have been considering the CJ Assurance Gentle, is that the one you are talking about? I read that some people did not like this because it was too thin.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users
    Komaza Care Moja shampoo, pH 4.5 and some nice ingredients.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • LynaeaLynaea Posts: 394Registered Users
    The DermOrganics lowpoo is good too.
    :nemo: 2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012 :nemo:

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
    Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
    Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
    RO: SS Caitlin's co
    Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
    PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
    Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
    Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
    :thumbdown: glycerin, honey, oils & butters :thumright: Protein!
  • JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users
    udoknowjac wrote: »
    Rustina I have been considering the CJ Assurance Gentle, is that the one you are talking about? I read that some people did not like this because it was too thin.

That's one of the things I like about it. If you have thick hair like me, it distributes easily without using a ton. I think some people are obsessed with coating their hair and using a ton of product. That might be a good strategy for conditioner, but it's not necessary for a poo.
    3C/Fine to Medium/Low Porosity/High Density

:love5:MoistureMoistureMoisture:love5:

Low Poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    RO/DC: DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: Queen Helene Sculpturing Gel & Glaze

No Salts, No Waxes, No Butters, No Heavy Oils
    No ACV, No Saponified Oils, Protein Sensitive
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    Lynaea wrote: »

Have you checked your local TJ Maxx/ Marshalls for their products? I was there yesterday and they had the liter size with pumps of the poo, condish, and treatment....they were 9.99 each I think.
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users
    I just ordered some Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Gentle Cleansing Shampoo. I have the Deva No Poo and I hate it. After I rinse it out my hair feels almost waxy.
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
    chloe92us wrote: »

Have you checked your local TJ Maxx/ Marshalls for their products? I was there yesterday and they had the liter size with pumps of the poo, condish, and treatment....they were 9.99 each I think.

Wow - I may look tomorrow. There's one near work.
    Current favorites:
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin

• LynaeaLynaea Posts: 394Registered Users
    CurlyGrey3 wrote: »

Wow - I may look tomorrow. There's one near work.

Yeah, that's where I got most of it, its a great deal. The products seem to come in waves at my local one so if they don't have them now wait a week or two and check again.
    :nemo: 2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012 :nemo:

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
    Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
    Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
    RO: SS Caitlin's co
    Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
    PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
    Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
    Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
    :thumbdown: glycerin, honey, oils & butters :thumright: Protein!
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    you might be overconditioned because of the stylers you are using, or how much no poo you are using, or even your condish itself.
    Well, you want to cleanse deeper, maybe use less stylers and keep using no poo and you'll find a good balance.
    it's only hair, don't get too worked up, use little rather than less. and relax.
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
  • darcurldarcurl Posts: 586Registered Users
    use little amount of stylers i mean. and i put no poo in my hair twice. and i let it sit in there for a minute before i rinse with hot water. then i reapply, with less than the first time. and i don't agitate my hair too much with it in, just work it in and let it soak.
    2c, CG, soft, managed, curly-From NEPA
    :male::female::binky::angel13:
    MAX GREEN ALCHEMY
    MOPTOP
    MOP-C CUrL
    INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
    JESSICURL
    CURLJUNKIE
    DEVACURL
    (BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
    udoknowjac wrote: »

I saw those reviews too, but I have super dense, medium-coarse hair and I have no trouble whatsoever in distributing it. I usually take one medium squirt and coat my hands with it, run it over my canopy, then work that into the upper 2/3 of my length. Then if I need to, I'll take one smaller squirt, coat my hands with it, then run it over my length and work that in. To me, it cleans as well as Kinky Curly but does not leave my hair feeling stripped or squeaky.

Here's the bottle - I think we're talking about the same thing:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.curljunkie.com%2FSulfate-Free-Shampoo-p%2Fcagcs12.htm" class="Popup

I ran out of this poo a couple of months ago, and decided to hold off on rebuying it until I could use up my Shea Moisture poo and some Kinky Curly Come Clean - but every time I use either of those, I wish I had my CJ poo instead. It is awesomeness.
    Northern VA
    Dye-free since 11/2010

double post
    Northern VA
    Dye-free since 11/2010

Really, CurlTalk app? Three copies of my reply?
    Northern VA
    Dye-free since 11/2010

My daughter uses the Renpure Argon oil shampoo (actually a Harmon clone of it) and I know others here use some of the other Renpures. I used it once and liked it.

I found the DermOrganic in TJ Maxx today so I should be set with those two for a while. (Chloe - the liter was $20 and not $10, but that's still a decent deal for that size)
    Current favorites:

• OhSunshinex3OhSunshinex3 Posts: 74Registered Users
    I use Nature's Gate. Cheap compared to a lot of other brands. I use it every few days.

I use Nature's Gate. Cheap compared to a lot of other brands. I use it every few days.

Which Nature's Gate do you like? I was looking at those too.
    Current favorites:

• OhSunshinex3OhSunshinex3 Posts: 74Registered Users
    I grabbed the Herbal one. I don't like the scent too much but I definitely want to try the others.

• Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    Myrna wrote: »
    SM Moisture retention, and Cocnut hibiscus; Yes to Cucumbers. I hated their no poo.

Ditto this!!

I've also used Giovanni Smooth as Silk, too. But SM's Curl Retention and Yes to Cucumbers are my favorites!
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • noritaarfnoritaarf Posts: 15Registered Users
    Has anyone tried the Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner ?

link Palmer's
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,061Registered Users
    noritaarf wrote: »

link Palmer's

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/100910-hair-one-olive-oil-cleansing-conditioner.html

It has amodimethicone. Personally I wouldn't cowash with any silicones.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • JessiebananaJessiebanana Posts: 940Banned Users
    wavydaze wrote: »
    noritaarf wrote: »

link Palmer's

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/100910-hair-one-olive-oil-cleansing-conditioner.html

It has amodimethicone. Personally I wouldn't cowash with any silicones.

Ummm those aren't the same products, unless I missed something in that thread.

$T2eC16V,!)UE9s3wCPIsBRwLgPjT,!~~60_1.JPG

2511-6-Palmer%27s-Olive-Oil-Formula-Cleansing-Conditioner-Large.png
    3C/Fine to Medium/Low Porosity/High Density

:love5:MoistureMoistureMoisture:love5:

Low Poo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo
    RO/DC: DB Pumpkin Seed Curl Moisturizing Conditioner
    Styler: Queen Helene Sculpturing Gel & Glaze

No Salts, No Waxes, No Butters, No Heavy Oils
    No ACV, No Saponified Oils, Protein Sensitive
  • kleinehexekleinehexe Posts: 80Registered Users

I was in my local TJ Maxx yesterday and the bottles were $20. Darn. Maybe they'll go on sale.
  • dresdendolldresdendoll Posts: 435Registered Users
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend the $20 on the DermOrganic. I used it for a little bit, but I found that it didn't lather very much (or clean,) but it managed to dry my hair out. Personally, I think BRÖÖ shampoos are the best I've ever tried. I am actually halfway through a bottle--and as a PJ, that never happens! haha
    The lather is incredible but it actually moisturizes and makes it feel like I've used conditioner after I rinse.
    I use this one:
    BRÖÖ

But the company also has a shampoo for frizzy hair and a volumizing one. If you are protein-sensitive and worried that the protein in the beer in the shampoo would dry your hair out, it didn't dry out mine. In fact, I think it's helped with split ends.

I might put my SM Curl & Shine Shampoo and DermOrganic Shampoo on the trading board.
    2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
    Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
    CG again as of 7/20/12 :laughing5:

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
    RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

:love4: all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
    :pukeright:silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing
  • chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    Honestly, I wouldn't spend the $20 on the DermOrganic. I used it for a little bit, but I found that it didn't lather very much (or clean,) but it managed to dry my hair out. Personally, I think BRÖÖ shampoos are the best I've ever tried. I am actually halfway through a bottle--and as a PJ, that never happens! haha
    The lather is incredible but it actually moisturizes and makes it feel like I've used conditioner after I rinse.
    I use this one:
    BRÖÖ

But the company also has a shampoo for frizzy hair and a volumizing one. If you are protein-sensitive and worried that the protein in the beer in the shampoo would dry your hair out, it didn't dry out mine. In fact, I think it's helped with split ends.

I might put my SM Curl & Shine Shampoo and DermOrganic Shampoo on the trading board.

Wow! I've never heard of this! BEER as the 1st ingredient!!!!???? It appears to have a lot of surfactants, though....do you find it harsh? I may have to buy it for my hubby, although the scent sounds right up my alley! Vanilla, caramel, oh my!
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • dresdendolldresdendoll Posts: 435Registered Users
    I use this one:
    BRÖÖ

Wow! I've never heard of this! BEER as the 1st ingredient!!!!???? It appears to have a lot of surfactants, though....do you find it harsh? I may have to buy it for my hubby, although the scent sounds right up my alley! Vanilla, caramel, oh my!

The beer makes your hair super healthy! Actually, after researching ingredients when trying to make my own products (hahaha, not very easy to do,) I found that these surfactants, although there are many, are super gentle. In fact, the coco betaine's primary function is to make the other surfactants gentler. The SCI provides tons of lather, but it is also one of the creamiest and most moisturizing surfactants. This is the only shampoo that doesn't strip my hair but still lathers unbelievably and cleans well. I took it to my salon when getting my hair cut, and she loved it too. Also, this brand is local for me, and I love supporting local businesses :)
    2c/2b with some 2a, coarse, dense, thick, low porosity
    Growing out a CL bob. Currently at APL.
    CG again as of 7/20/12 :laughing5:

Cleanser: BRÖÖ Smoothing I.P.A. Shampoo
    RO: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
    LI: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Styler: Beautiful Curls Gel for Wavy to Curly Hair

:love4: all-natural products, light moisture, humectants, argan oil
    :pukeright:silk protein, synthetic ingredients, heavy oils/products, cowashing