CurlTalk

Changing RO conditioner for summer?

CurlyMJCurlyMJ Posts: 193Registered Users
My HG conditioner all winter long has been GVP CB and my HG leave in is CJ Beauticurls; but ever since the warmer weather set in, my hair has just been horrible! Will not cooperate; I can't get mg moisture/protein balance right; frizzy and undefined curls. All my go to styling products/combination/techniques have failed me over and over. I've even tried new co-washes and products but nothings worked! The only thing I can think of now is if my RO and/or leave in (which I haven't changed are too heavy for summer. Is this true? Do I need a lighter RO and LI for summer? If yes, what do ya'll recommend?

Comments

• chloe92uschloe92us Posts: 1,203Registered Users
    I have found I had to change my products completely for the summer. I'm incorporating a lot more protein into my routine. I'm doing a PT once a week and using co's with protein almost every day. I'm still using a leave in, but have to use a hard hold gel over everything, and a lot of it. My theory is with the humidity in abundance now in the air, I need to add a lot more protein to keep everything balanced.

I just ordered the CJ beauticurls leave in!
    2C/ Coarse/ Normal porosity/ SW Florida/ Salt & Pepper
    Cleanse: AIA cowash, TJ Tea Tree Condish
    Condish: JC Too Shea, Tresemme Botanique
    Stylers: flax/okra gel or KCCC + CJ PP or JC Spiralicious
    Experimenting with Got2B Ultra gel and loving it so far!
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    Best way to choose ingredients/products is by hair properties. Here's a link to help you with yours Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free

Even some of the curlies with coarse, protein sensitive hair tolerate specific protein(s) better in the high dewpoints. I do at least one PT a week and usually add a second "lighter" one when the dewpoint is really high. I also use a lot of products with protein. Frequently use a milder PT as my li.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]