Samsung Galaxy S4 Active

JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Waterproof phone! I'm so excited, I want to switch.

Been on iOS only for 4 years. Not a huge android person but I've water damaged my phone 3 times. Got it back working the second time (last year) and going to see if it works tonite. Currently it's dissected on my desk to dry it out(rice and all that didnt work last time) and my new battery is in my mailbox.

So I figured I'll invest in a $100 waterproof case for my phone when I get the new iphone 5s. But I'd have to wait until September and my camera on my current phone doesnt work. The S4 active has the camera of the S3 but the S3 has way better picture than the iphone 4 and current 5.

Also ATT has half off until June 30th for the S4 active, so only $100.

The only thing I hate aobut it is that it's so big. If only there was an S4 mini. Supposedly the ultra version (which combines the 2 and another) will be coming in the future. I like to carry my phone in my pocket and the iphone is nice and small for that.

18-samsunggalaxys4jactive.jpg

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I have the Galaxy Note 2 and it is even bigger than the Galaxy 4; I actually really like having a big phone! I mean, phablet. Both are supposed to fit in most jeans pockets (tho I never carry mine that way).

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have the Galaxy Note 2 and it is even bigger than the Galaxy 4; I actually really like having a big phone! I mean, phablet. Both are supposed to fit in most jeans pockets (tho I never carry mine that way).

Note II fits women's jeans pockets without sticking out?? LOL I dont think so. I just tested my coworkers s4 and it fits in my work pockets but ill have to test it out on jeans. I carry my phone in my pockets a lot. But this phone is so appealing that i might not care if it sticks out. Waterproof?? Think of all the great beach, lake and river pix I can get!
  • CurlyGrey3CurlyGrey3 Posts: 508Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We have the Galaxy S3 and it's a fantastic phone. I bet the S4 is even better!
    Salt & pepper wavy mix 2B/2C
    Low to normal porosity, coarse, kinky, normal elasticity
    Current favorites:
    Low poo: Yes To Cukes Color Protection (the no sulfate one)
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin
    Style: FSG, BRHG
    Pre-poo/DT: Conditioner with honey & coconut oil

iHerb discount code: PNQ285
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Josephine wrote: »

Note II fits women's jeans pockets without sticking out?? LOL I dont think so. I just tested my coworkers s4 and it fits in my work pockets but ill have to test it out on jeans. I carry my phone in my pockets a lot. But this phone is so appealing that i might not care if it sticks out. Waterproof?? Think of all the great beach, lake and river pix I can get!

You said fit in. You didn't say anything about not sticking out. LOL And I meant back pocket. But yeah something in its advertising claims it can fit into most back pockets. I thought that would be a selling point for men only but I guess for some women too?

• adorame06adorame06 Posts: 572Registered Users

I love everything about my Galaxy Note 2!! Also I have never carried my phones in my pant pockets, I always place them in my purse.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App
    CG on 2/16/2010
    My curls looks like the 3a pictures
    Hair length is to my bra strap, it's fine textured, but the density is thick, not much elasticity, Naturally Blonde but Color treated because of graying going on

My hair loves
    coconut oil
    Homemade FSG
    Hair one for my co wash
    Ecostyler olive oil

Princess Brandy Brat, Chief Jewel Crafter and Royal Nanny to the Court of the Red and White Rose for the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
    We keep ours in our front pants pockets. I don't know if the s4 is bigger than the s3.
    Current favorites:
    Conditioners: Renpure MPHIP, CJ Smoothing Lotion, AB LI, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan/Olive, Darcy's Pumpkin

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cool, good to know. They looked about the same size to me in the store. I would never put my phone in my back pocket. Women's pockets are smaller and it could easily slip out when sitting and standing and if it sticks out at all, it would be easy to steal.

I like to be hands free if I can. Watching over a purse or holding it is so annoying! Last week I just took my important stuff out, gave it to the bf and put my wristlet on the bar.
    I should have mentioned that depending on the pants, the phone may stick up out of the pocket a bit, especially if they wear low cut waists. :-)
    Current favorites:

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    My sister loves her s3. I can t do touch screens, so i will just stick to my samsung ultra ( i think that is what it is called) until they come out with a newer phone with a keypad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file