How to control unruly wavy hair?

jenfitzjenfitz Posts: 121Registered Users
I took the test and my hair is 2A almost 2B(the picture in the other post didn't do it justice because my camera sucks so my waves look weaker in the picture) and my hair instantly gets frizzy and tangled up after I get a shower and it air dries. My mom keeps telling me to straighten my hair because it gets bad.

Comments

• AnnieHeartEcoAnnieHeartEco Posts: 13Registered Users
    jenfitz wrote: »
    I took the test and my hair is 2A almost 2B(the picture in the other post didn't do it justice because my camera sucks so my waves look weaker in the picture) and my hair instantly gets frizzy and tangled up after I get a shower and it air dries. My mom keeps telling me to straighten my hair because it gets bad.

I sometimes have this problem, but it has gotten better now that I have found good products :) If you are not already using a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, switch NOW because that will make a significant improvement in your hair! It may take a little bit for you to notice, but it time your hair will be healthier and less frizzy. Perhaps try the L'Oreal EverCurl S+C if you have really bad frizz issues and don't want to spend a lot, it really calms them down!

Also, try the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (this product will last you forever...) as a leave in/wave enchancer/frizz defier! There are a bunch of styling products you can use on top of it, so explore that world! Because you are air drying, I'd recommend something light that doesn't leave a crunch in your hair (I personally like Redken Full Swirl in small quantities, or sometimes NYM Beach Babe Spray)

The important thing to do while you air dry your hair if to continually scrunch your waves in your hands (or with microfibers gloves like Deva Gloves) This will keep your wave looking nice as it dries :) I would recommend applying the Curl Enhancing Smoothie on wet hair and comb out, then happily start scrunching! Scrunch all of your hair every few minutes or so, eventually you will do this out of habit! When it's about 50% dry, add a small amount of product.
    Wavy 2b baby-fine hair, low density, porosity ??
    Low Poo: Lush Karma Komba(HG), KC Come Clean
    Rinse out: KCKT or Lush Veganese
    Stylers: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, NYM Beach Babe Spray, KCSS
  • CubanwavyCubanwavy Posts: 293Registered Users
    I have had great results with Garnier Fructis Smooth and Sleek Leave In. It has a cone in it, but my hair doesn't mind sulfate shampoos. The rinse out conditioner I use is Pantene Curls.
  • LynaeaLynaea Posts: 394Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It is best to pick products and techniques based on your hair properties, not just curl type. This link should get you started, the 'Next Step' article at the bottom refers to the Curly Hair Basics dropdown.
    Curly Hair Basics | Live Curly Live Free
    :nemo: 2A / F / MD / LP / ?E / BSL --- CG since Dec. 2012 :nemo:

This is what I'm happiest with right now.
    Co-wash: CJ DailyFix
    Lo-poo: DermOrganic low-poo
    RO: SS Caitlin's co
    Leave-in: SheScentIt Okra Repair condish
    PT: SS Caitlin's + SS PT
    Stylers: Volumax Mega Gel, Max Green Styling Gel, DermOrganics Spray Gel
    Techniques: Plopping & Pixie Diffusing.
    :thumbdown: glycerin, honey, oils & butters :thumright: Protein!
  • jakrussel3jakrussel3 Posts: 423Registered Users
    Jenfitz, do you use any products in your hair at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair Properties: 2A/2B, Medium-fine, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity, Medium density
    Low Poo: DevaCare, Yes to Cuc's
    Rinse Out: DevaCare One Condition, Yes to Cuc's
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Lavender, Yes to Carrots Scalp Conditioner
    Curl Cream: AG ReCoil, Organix Moroccan Oil Curl Cream
    Gel/Mousse: Sweet Curls Elixirs FSG w/ Mag Sulfate added, Sweet Curls Elixirs hard hold gel, DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam, Aquage Uplifting Foam
    Protein: Spiral Solutions Protein Spray for daily use

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file