Location or Relationship

risosrisos Posts: 219Registered Users Curl Neophyte
If you had to choose between your family and living in a location you always dreamed of or your boyfriend in a location you didnt like which would you choose?
[FONT=&quot]Medium Texture, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity, Long, 3b, Brunette, Highlights.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Shampoo-[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Head and Shoulders[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Daily Conditioner & Leave In-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Creme-Ouidad Curl Quencher Hydrafusion Curl Cream
Deep Treatment-Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition
Highlights-Foils from the Salon[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Comments

• theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    location i always dreamed of.
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Family and location.

But always family. Then again, I've never known anyone who ended up being worth losing my family.

ETA: A lot of it depends on your life goals as well.
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    Location. You can visit your family, email, talk on the phone, etc. And it's not forever...if after a year or two you want to move back, then move back. If they really love you, they'll want what makes you happy!

Same goes for a boyfriend, really. Although, if it was serious, I'd wonder why he wouldn't be doing everything in his power to go with you.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    I can't imagine having this choice. If I was old enough to have a boyfriend to consider moving for, I would be too old to move with my family. I'd choose the option with the best odds for me finding a job so I can live independently.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    I can't imagine having this choice. If I was old enough to have a boyfriend to consider moving for, I would be too old to move with my family. I'd choose the option with the best odds for me finding a job so I can live independently.

This. I'm confused by the question. If I was an adult and not in a serious relationship, I move based on my own life goals - for school, for a job opportunity or even for a change of scenery. If I was in a long-term relationship, I'd be making the decision with my SO based on what was best for both of us.

My parents never really factored into the decision. They always wanted me to go where I needed to and be independent and successful.
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    So it's location and staying with family OR the boyfriend and a sucky location?

I would pick family and location. If the boyfriend is long term material, does he not want to be there?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

This. I'm confused by the question. If I was an adult and not in a serious relationship, I move based on my own life goals - for school, for a job opportunity or even for a change of scenery. If I was in a long-term relationship, I'd be making the decision with my SO based on what was best for both of us.

My parents never really factored into the decision. They always wanted me to go where I needed to and be independent and successful.

Same here.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users

I don't know, I am independent but I am within an hour drive of my family and that is important to me. It would take a lot for me to consider moving much further than that from them. Then again my family lives in a major city (that i love) so I never had to choose between family and being able to get a decent job.

For me I guess it would depend on the boyfriend situation. How long have you been with him, how much of a future do you see together. Also whether this would be a permanent move or a temporary one, what job prospects were like in the locations, and whether my dislike of one and "dream location" status of the other were based on superficial impressions or real experience.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    Location or family: location. I actually moved back in December to a state where I have no friends or family. Boyfriend or location: location. I'm not married to you so I am entitled to be selfish (side note: never have experienced being in love or boyfriend) so maybe I am making a snap choice with this one. However I know friends who cannot be to far away from family. My college roommate spent her freshman year having sporadic crying fits because she missed her family and they were maybe 45- minutes to an hour away. Me?? Pfffftt sometimes I was sad but I wasn't reduced to tears and it went away quickly. It all depends. Some people put romantic feelings/love as a strong factor as well where I am just like I want to be the best me before I get in a relationship with someone else. I won't feel like I am the best me until I get the dreams I have that are single oriented out the way.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file